Ammalia Cassalanter: XXVI

The price of it all: XXVI

"And then... the growling wind leapt out! Revealing its foxy face to the small bad children!" Ammalia leaned in biting at her two kids, exciting a startled laugh from Elzerina the small blonde girl looked thrilled in her yellow covers, unlike Terenzio. Her baby boy had pulled his red blanket over his nose carefully hiding behind the sheet while he listened.

"W..what happened next?" Terenzio sputterted, Ammalia leaned into her son savoring every last second with her two kids. Before it all.. She took a deep breath.

"Then.. the many arms of that greed punishing creature swept the children up.." She lowered her voice, always hating how her father ended the story. She glanced away from the pages and smiled brightly. "Before it was blasted away!" She made a large booming sound lunging at her son who ducked shly under his covers. "The kids were saved! Their father stood triumphantly on the hill above them! And the greedy king.. Was never seen from again." Ammalia closed the story book, finishing the rounds of the greedy king.

"Ughh Mooommm." Elzerina groaned, upsettingly the girl was now bouncing on her bed. "That's now how the story ends! The dad is too late.. And the kid-" Ammalia waved her hand shushing her child, this was a version of the events she enjoyed far more.

"Well.. I like it." Terenzio murmured, she leaned closer to her son wrapping an arm around her 'brave knight' of a boy. She kissed him against the forehead, the small eight year old squirmed like she was tickling him.

"As do I, Teren.." She teased his nickname making the little kid blush. She waved a hand dimming the candles in the room as to lower the light. Terenzio's face instantly lit up excited to watch his mother do magic, she smiled lightly at her boy but would refuse if he requested anything more. "Look at the time." Ammalia faked a rationalization pointing happily at the clock on the wall. "You two should be asleep!" She jokingly chastised.

"No! Wait just- five more minutes mom." Elzerina pouted.

"Please mom?" Terenzio pleaded. Ammalia pursed her lip before recalling her duties. She shook her head.

"No." She replied sternly. "You two need to sleep now. Don't worry, your father and I will play with you tomorrow." She leaned in nuzzling noses with Elzerina the pale eight year old frowned but returned the affection. She did the same with Terenzio. Ammalia got up making her way to the door and waved a hand to dim the lights into darkness. "Goodnight."

"Mom.. when is Osvaldo coming home?" Terenzio sounded so innocent and so naive. Ammalia frowned at the question.

"Your brother has school." She reminded them both. "He.. he'll be home by the end of this summer.. He promised." She whispered wondering what her son would think of them. Would he embrace them? Or shun them.. With that Ammalia closed the door hearing her twins chirp a goodnight.

"Lady Cassalanter." Ammalia nearly jumped with Ryvvik standing in the hallway adjacent to her childrens bedroom. She took her hand away from her chest and inspected the follower. Ryvvik was tall standing at a six foot one, where his hair should have been instead sat two large twisting horns like a crown which started black at its roots and became red at the tips. He had a long bulldog-like face with massive batlike wings which were carefully tucked together behind his back.

"Yes.. Ryvvik?" Ammalia inquired from the Fey'ri.

"Er uh.. Lord Cassalanter.. Wish to see you in the church." The demon looking man replied. Ammalia sighed. She marched forward pulling the straps of her elegant dress off from the back Ryvvik following her as she descended the stairs and slipped off her gown tossing it over the railing for a house servant to pick up.