Alekzandr Ikorov: CXXIV

Sound the Bells: CXXIV

"Well.." Alekzandr chuckled, stooping back against the wall; the contents of the party were nearly untouched, save for himself. He felt pretty battered and bruised especially seeing how he was touched by absurd critical inflict wounds. He wondered if some god out there was cackling in his misery. When did the gods not?

"Hya!" Markos was currently cutting off the head of the berserker paladin figure who'd been attacking him. He took a few deep breaths while they recuperated.

"That was exciting.." Alekz cracked a grin. Markos was stumbling back to his feet. Sweet vodka began to fill his head.- wait shit. "Hey hold on we've done this before!" He cried.

"Markos in the corner-cutting up bodies.. We kill people without a second question. Ah shit, you're right this is candle land all over again." Adleth groaned.

"Well, It may seem like lazy writing but honestly this is completely unintentional," Markos interjected. '..What?'

"Alekz!" Eh? He looked up, Riu fluttered down from the ceiling. Her cloak was a bit burned with an enormous hole through it. He stepped back, letting her land. "Alright! Everyone form up! Time to get repair- Markos! Stop cutting up the bodies and screaming for your god! Tsuki Sit tibi cura angeli Tenshi wa, medicas adhibere manus kenkō o motomemasu." The Aasimar placed her middle finger against her throat, and the other hand towards the party. He believed if not for how often he heard the incantations to heal him, Alekzandr might have found the words beautiful. Relief spread over his body.

"Holy crap did you just.. Kill this dude?" Adleth remarked while she was talking to Markos. Alekz wondered if it was really all that much of a feat seeing how the cultist seemed to have no visible damage on him. How powerful could this paladin truly have been?

"We need to continue with our original plan," Markos affirmed sheepishly. "Contact the harpers.. And the City Watch to get this gold out of here.. Clearly.." Dead bodies littered the floor, with thick deep bloodstains smeared onto the walls. He stared sympathetically at the cultists on the ground wondering who they might have once been. Senseless violence.. All of it for a cause he doubted they really understood. Alekzandr lifted his flask to his mouth, he didn't want to see any of it.

"The cult knows." He finished that sentence. "Alright, Markos you lead the way. We see Jalester now, yes?" He stumbled forward with the half-elf strolling to the door. He was careful not to soak his coat with blood, he didn't want to ruin its fireproof properties again. Warm light hit his face. Emerging from the vault was an almost surreal feeling, he wasn't sure if he'd been in the underground arena for ten minutes or ten days. If it were not for the sunlight striking his eyes when they left the windmill Alekzandr would have assumed nightfall.

"Fuckkkkkk is it seriously still day?!" Adleth groaned. Oftentimes he found that she spoke what they were thinking. The air was hot and stuffy, the southern ward was located far too close to the docks meaning the hot summer air was making the place humid. Despite that humidity, the tall yellow grass surrounding the windmill was still dry as a bone. Looking about his party he felt as if he was the only one to notice. That was him, the one who had to notice. He just never realized how alone he felt, noticing every detail like it was another scouting mission.

"I can see you are running to the guard.." Renaer commented. "So I'll alert the Harpers.. But one of us should.." The nobleman stared at the vault's entrance longingly, it began to click in Alekz's head. "I'll stay behind." Renaer suddenly decided. "Alekz.. Riu, would you mind speaking to the harpers at the Yawning portal I figu- oh." Markos was already walking away heading towards the direction of the portal as if not waiting for the rest of them. What was the fool thinking? He wondered.