Adleth: XXXIII

The Fireball: XXXIII

Adleth was thrown off of her seat slamming into the wall adjacent to the bar, her head beat with a pulsing throb as she tried to shake it off. Her ears rang with the sounds of an explosion driving her insane. Adleth grit her teeth as she pulled her two short swords leveling them at the ready.

"The next person to knock on that door! DIES!" She screamed in anger. She looked around to her fellow compatriots who had seemingly also been knocked off their chairs, well.. All except Alekzandr who was peacefully sitting at the bar sipping away his drink happily which was in fact; on fire. She sighed, stabbing her swords into the floor to pull herself up.

"Hey not the hardwood we just had that done!" Herod groaned in response she rolled her eyes and waved her sword around the tavern.

"If you hadn't noticed.. We're under attack!" She was the first one up as she ran over to the door of the tavern. The front of the manor didn't seem as bad as Adleth originally assumed. While the windows were blown and the door was clearly knocked inward, it was still on its hinges. She wished the stupid day would just be over already, looking at the distant quartz clock she noticed it was a little past five. She stepped out into the open street outside the bar breathing heavily ready to stab someone. Outside Adleth let out a deep breath, on the ground were a litter of bodies right around four total corpses as far as she could see. Their remains were charred and blackened like that of used coals in a furnace though parts of their clothing seemed to survive melted into the skin.

"What the hell happened.." Adleth looked to her left to see a dizzy Asher. "Oh shit, dead bodies." She nearly laughed at Asher's casual mention of the bodies, though she could've sworn she saw a look of sympathy on the mask but it was probably her eyes playing tricks on her.

"People got.. Blown up I'd assume." She responded, around her she saw fleeing figures and screaming women everywhere. "Of course everyone needs to scream.." Adleth added as she stepped forward and noticed laying on the ground next to the door to the tavern was a smaller shorter body then most with its arm stretched out at the door.

"Oh.. that's.. Damn." Herod asserted behind her. The group filed out of the manor slowly and they stepped over the various bodies. She knelt down next to two of the bodies she saw outside the front windows of the manor. They were dressed in pretty common clothing, their belongings mostly scorched. Though Adleth spotted some gold coins in one pocket and quickly snatched them away.

Alekzandr hummed. "This.." She looked over to a concerned Alekzandr who was clutching his rifle close, it's nice to see him suddenly reacting to the utter destruction wrecked out of their home. She thought. "This was a fireball.. I can tell.." He bent over as she witnessed him wipe his fingers against the ash on the ground.

"Please don't taste it." Herod spilled. She tried to look away through spread fingers while Alekzandr brought the ash to his lips and licked it. "Oh dear Vulity he tasted it." Herod made a series of gagging noises which got a laugh out of Riu.

"Comrades we are at the scene of multiple murders, can we not take this seriously?" Alekzandr's tough tone came out and Adleth nodded in light agreement. "You all should grow up." He continued.

"Yeah, and dogs should stop licking themselves. It's not gonna happen." Asher interrupted, and she tried to not smile.

"Excuse me! You there!" A male voice yelled. Adleth turned to see a sight of guards approaching them. There were two of them dressed in their pompous silver curved helmets and absurd colored capes they held like some kind of symbol of pride.

"Nope, I'm not dealing with pigs." Adleth scoffed, reaching out she grabbed Markos who squealed in response and his face lit up red and pulled him close to herself. "Talk to the guards half-elf." She whispered into his ears. She threw the trembling cultist behind her at the men.