Herod Westwood: CXXIX

The Founders Festival: CXXIX

"Okay, that's really pretty.." Herod chuckled. He swayed inside the shop inspecting each fiber he could get his hands on. He ran his fingers along the cloak trying to ponder if it was worth it. "What do you think?" He turned to Riu, the only one who was free at the time. If they only had a few days, he'd at least spend the festival preparing himself for battle.

"I think it's really pretty.. But do you think it's your.. Style?" Riu pursed her lip. He scratched his chin. 'Huh.. good question.'

'It looks great! We will soak it in the blood of thots!' Herod grinned, Vulity had a lovely point.. But it was expensive.

"Hey, kid! Either buy something or get outta here!" The impatient shopkeeper was roaring ever since he stepped into the joint, something about not liking humans or whatever. He snapped an irritated look at the aging halfling.

"I'll finish up soon, cool your hooves! Don't worry sir, relax." He made his way around the cloaks inspecting each one delicately. "No too tacky.." He muttered, "Way too over the top." He ran a hand along a silk cloak stitched together from five different colors.

Finally, he settled upon a dusky grey cloak with silver metallic stitching all around its edges. The front of it had two distinct silver metal pads used to attach it over his back. He draped the cloak over his arm and continued walking.

"A cloak of protection hm? Marvelous thing.. You truly think you need it?" Riu noted softly. It felt like a weird comment, like yeah of course he did? He walked through the store it was dark and nearly everything couldn't be seen despite the candle light illuminating some surfaces. "I think this will do me well.." Riu hopped up holding, a white cape. It was made with metal slits to slide over armor easier, and it seemed to have two large holes in the back of it. He gave her a nod. "It's kinda like the one my dad had.." She whispered. Her dad.. She'd mentioned the man several times, but he wasn't completely sure he knew what the Astrial man did.

"Looks cool, didn't those cultists tear your cloak up a bit?" Herod quizzed. She was wearing a cleric robe at the time, which were made to be easily torn off and soak blood. When clerics serve as the medics of battlefields they often get drenched in blood, which was a bad thing when attending to so many different individuals.

"Yeah.. However, I have extras.. I just figured if I was here, why not.. Besides, I think for once I won't have to take my cloak off. Or have Asher cut it off one time, to use my wings." she pointed at the back holes.

"Oo, I like this." Herod made his way over to a series of leather-wrapped tops each of them looked sturdy and protective. The one that stood out to him appeared like a sailors jacket in a way, with an overcoat that went past his hips. It was loose with straps and green accents along the center. The sleeves were folded just at the ends with small bits of iron as braces sowed into cuffs. The final piece was a strap that ran along like a seatbelt in a carriage with slots. Pockets and empty vials. The coat and shirt were clearly combat-oriented it was a dark greyish-brown color like bleached leather mixed with charcoal dust. He grinned like a madman and tossed it over his shoulders.

"I think that suits you." He spun around with Riu holding a similar belt like the one on the outfit. Vial holders and pockets, but this one came with an underbelt to hold more. "I think if we are to engage the cassalanters.. It's going to be rough.." She said, holding up the belt. Herod nodded. She already had one currently across her chest. However, that was just a strap, this had containers.

"Well luckily we've got me, I'll take it slow and let the idiots brawl before I engage, ya know?" He laughed, walking up to the counter. He felt.. Confident. This was a battle they would win. He couldn't wait to finish off the cult and hang out with Markos when it was all done.