Adleth: CXXXI

The Night: CXXXI

"What exactly did you want to see?" Adleth felt awkward walking about the festival with.. Well.. Markos. She assumed that like her, the party still had somewhat mixed feelings about the cultist. With Herod, you knew he was after whores, with Riu you could understand that she didn't really persecute those in the name of her god. But Markos.. He was a wild card. She breathed in the summer air watching the sun dip down a little bit past the horizon.

"I don't know.." Markos was staring at the ground sheepishly, she raised her guard curious if the little shit was planning any random rituals. She still remembered what he did in the Gralhund villa. She studied the half-elf, in the sun's dim light he looked almost.. Innocent. "I just wanted to see what this festival was, I figured since you're a Waterdeep native you might.." He squirmed nervously.

"It happens every year so if you plan on sticking around you may get a chance to see more next year." She mulled over her options, alright she'd play ball with the cultist. "Well, every year there's a performance down near the docks.. And of course, we have food stalls.." She stopped in her tracks, staring at the front of TrollSkull manor. "... You see that?" Markos nodded. She cocked her head confusingly, watching Vestus standing atop an eight-foot rock juggling boulders. Why..

"Yeah no.." Markos shook his head. Adleth agreed, she wasn't unpacking whatever the hell that was and blended back into the crowd with him.

"Understandable." She made her way with Markos in tow looking out at the various stands. "You want food?" She asked over her shoulder. Markos was biting his lip in an indecisive way. "Fuck it, I'm hungry we're getting food." She decided. She grabbed his sleeve and pulled him towards the food stalls. One of her favorites had to be around here.. Or something else. Lining the events were rows and rows of tables covered in whatever you could want. She ventured more towards the dock ward strolling down TrollSkull alley with her new 'friend' nearby.

"What do you like to eat here?" Markos quizzed. He sounded so small. She recalled what Iliris ate the previous year. Hmm..

"Your god has something to do with tentacles right?" She grinned, staring at a booth.

"Uh.. yeah?" Markos responded confused. She led him over to a seafood stand.

"I'll take a fried octopus on a stick." She demanded. The large burly elven woman behind the stall nodded lazily as she began preparing the meal. "You like seafood?" She taunted.

"Oh yeah, I do!" He responded. Adleth frowned 'the fuck?'

"But.. you.. Worship a.." She stopped. "You are a silly man Markos."

"Well.. that's just rude.." Markos mumbled. Adleth licked her teeth. The woman handed her a fried octopus on a stick. It looked savory, covered in a light brown sauce. The octopus itself was supposed to be stuffed with vegetables which made her excited.

"I wasn't trying to be nice." She replied. Markos handed the elf money. 'Appreciated.' Adleth thought now that she didn't have to pay for it herself. He seemed to look over the options but ultimately didn't order anything. Fanning over the area she saw Krelko in one corner near the Yawning portal his fry station and odd choices in meat on full display.

"Are those.. Rats?" Markos cocked his head to the side.

"Yup." Adleth laughed. She strolled over bitting of a chunk of her food. It tasted good. "Krelko!" The old tortle looked up hazily.

"Adleth? Well, fancy seeing you exploring the festival." he looked down to Markos. "And with a.." He frowned and looked up at her.

"Party member," she explained. "Say, gimme a friend rat. I think my friend here may actually like it." Krelko took one off the rack and handed it to her. She was careful not to touch the meat, just the greasy stick ugh it looked disgusting.