Adleth: XLVIII

Unrefusable offer: XLVIII

"What the hell did I say about knocking!" Adleth yelled at the top of her lungs, she felt her head twitch a little and she gripped the door handle swinging it open. Outside the tavern Adleth found the thin redheaded figure of Renaer Neverember.

"Oh- uh. Hello." Renaer yelped, Adleth reached out and grabbed Renaer by the collar. Fear suddenly filled the man though it wasn't a terrified fear, more of a curious one.

"What does that say?" She pointed at the nearby sign sitting on the left wall to the door. Renaer wiggled a little confused.

"I beg your-"

Adleth growled and pointed at the sign. "It says ring the doorbell, those who knock will be stabbed. Ring the damn bell!" She released Renaer slamming the door on his face. A few moments passed of awkward silence.

"Adleth you ok-" Asher stopped when Adleth turned to give him a dirty look. After a few more moments the bell chimed indicating someone was at their door. 'Much better' She thought. Swinging the door open she gave Renaer a half hearted smile before stepping aside inviting him in.

"I.. hello, that was.. Odd." Renaer stepped into the tavern closing the door behind him. Adleth mostly ignored him, deciding it better to sit down at a nearby table.

"What brings you here Renaer?" Asher asked with his mouth full of some random pastry.

"Well." Renaer regained an essence of composure. "I've heard some.. Startling reports from the guards.. Along with some of my.. Informants. I heard there was an attack here so I thought to come and check in on you guys." Renaer explained, Adleth scoffed, the dude was kinda late she thought. It had been nearly two days since then and he was only checking in on them now? Come to think of it, why was he checking in on them?

"Uh, that attack happened days ago." She replied "like, big ass explosion right outside our doors, knocked down all our windows, it was a whole shit show." Adleth took a sip from a nearby mug.

"What did you hear?" Herod inquired. 'Probably that our house got a little charred.' Adleth thought.

"Only what the guards were saying.. Bodies.. Everywhere.. And.." Renaer stopped looking a bit pained.

"Oh yeah. There were bodies.." Asher responded solemnly. "Like.. three or something Zhentarim bodies. One gnome looking guy at our door steps.. Had a gold dragon sigil on his tunic.. Or at least.. What was left of one." Adleth nodded, the gold dragon had been charred to shit.

"Gold dragon?" Renaer's interest seemed to have peaked at that leaning in he sat down at Adleth's table. She eyed the guy narrowly but allowed it. "A gnome you say.. Describe him." Asher continued describing the gnome to the best of his abilities.

"He was pretty charred." Adleth added helpfully. "So discernible character traits. Eh, not many." She shrugged her shoulders.

"Want some orange juice?" Adleth rolled her eyes while Herod offered the man a cup of orange juice. Renaer went to seemingly ask a question but decided better just reaching his hand out to grab a cup.

"Bodies.. A gnome.. Fleeing from the Zhentarim you say?"

"Yup." She replied. "The guy seemed to be running from them, though he didn't have anything of interest on him if you were wondering." Adleth concluded Renaer frowned, shaking his head.

"I.. damnit." Renaer sounded upset to her. "Dalakhar.." Renaer remarked, staring down at the table.

"Uh.. dalek what now?" Adleth inquired, what was this relevant towards? Renaer seemed to stumble a little looking up.