Riu Astrial: XCI

An Invitation: XCI

Riu stretched out across the covers trying her best to ignore the sunlight filtering in through the windows. What time was it? How long had she slept? Her body was sore from the fight the previous day.

"Nrock?" Riu giggled to see Kuro rolling over onto his back, many treated their familiars simply like tools; she saw hers' more as a pet. She even rarely used her familiar for any actual combat or work luckily she taught Markos how to.

"I'm up, I'm up." Riu offered. She pushed the covers off and made her way to the bathroom, turning on the water. She was thankful it wasn't just nobility who had some form of bathing themselves, otherwise she would have gone crazy in this house a long time ago. Riu took her time eventually getting dressed. Forgoing armor, she didn't expect to need it. Not yet. Besides, she didn't feel like crushing herself alive when she wasn't about to bring law to others. She came down stairs looking at the completed tavern, the brand new hardwood.. Windows, and more. Sheesh it had taken a while but now they were ready to open it, whenever they got around to that.

*Ding-dong.*

"Nope!" Riu chuckled. Literally the past three times she had been alone at the house when someone came to the door, something bad happened. She had just woken up. She was gonna avoid the door at all costs- Selune, why was she walking towards the door? Riu audibly groaned while stomping to the entrance of TrollSkull. Was curiosity really going to get the better of her? Or could she potentially avoid it all together. Riu leaned forward on her toes and pushed her chest against the door peering outside through the window. She felt a tad bit odd being too far from the actual viewing port, but she made due. Through the window she saw an unsuspecting man with a cap and a bag at his side. Oh it was just a mail carrier. Why the hell was he ringing the doorbell? Didnt most of them just drop it off? Riu carefully opened the door.

"Um, hello? Who is it?" Riu swung the door open.

"Oh delivery.." The man sounded rather timid. His gaze went down staring at her summer clothing, jeez he looked pretty miserable.

"Delivery for what?" Riu knocked her head.

"I was uh. Told to bring this to TrollSkull Manor? Have to hand deliver." The man extended a fancy letter in his grasp. It had a white envelope with blue and gold trim weaving around its exterior. "Is addressed to uh.." The man turned it over and read. "One Lady Reye-you Astrel?" Riu did a double take at the horrid pronunciation of her own name. 'Huh I have never understood murderous people.. Until maybe now.' She thought in a lie. The mail man seemed to be staring at her quite intently.

"Her eyes are on her head dick weed." Adleth entered the room scoffing at the mailman. Riu didn't even notice to see the delivery boy staring at her chest. She gave him an irritated expression and he tried to look up.

"I-I apologies-" He stuttered out. Riu rolled her eyes and took the letter gracefully.

"That would be me" She accepted simply. She turned the letter over a few times, finding it to not have very much writing on it, simply an address and a name. No from line. The boy stood there in the doorway nervously. Riu expected him to just be staring, or maybe just nervous to leave. She looked the young elven kid up and down. Tuft black hair and brown eyes, she reached into her pocket and tossed a gold dragon.

"T-thank you.-" He started. But Adleth approached the door and shut it.

"Well, that was weird." Adleth muttered.

"Yes it was, normally I would have someone else get the mail. Avoid uncomfortable situations such as that one." Riu agreed. She set the letter down on the counter and began to cut into it gently. Before finally just tearing the envelope apart in frustration. She carefully pulled out two separate sheets of paper along with a line of small hard cut outs.