Markos Amanodel: CVI

The Stars: CVI

"Where are you running Enah?" The same night, the same dreams. Markos frantically raced through the halls of the manor desperate to just keep himself away from her until the morning.

"This is not real.. This isn't real.." He kept chanting over and over again. Regardless of how many times he said it, he could never shark the feeling that it might be real. Why were these halls so familiar and twisting? Not that of TrollSkul manor, but of something else, one he hadn't seen yet. "You're fine.. You're fine.." He shook around one corner, "d-didn't I make her happy..? D-"

"You did!" She whipped around the corner with such force and speed, an unnatural method to movement proving the lack of reality in her every step. "Good job!" She cheered, every fiber of his being cried out in tandem when the body appeared in the halls. He was faced with her, forced to see her. No longer a far whisper in his mind- no she was here. Markos's vision drifted up, far from the tall figure until he met those violet eyes and bolted awake.

"AH!" He sat up in his bed feeling sweat trickle down his forehead, fear radiated from his form he clenched his teeth trying to push her smile away from his mind. It was dark outside the windows he suspected that it was still the middle of the night.

"Hey, you alright man?" Herod was sitting in the corner of the room reading a book. Markos's short-term memory was a tad foggy... They had... Killed the cultists and headed back home to sleep.. He raised his eyes carefully not wanting to meet Herods, was he ok?

"Y-yeah.. I'm fine." He felt saddened, now that Herod wasn't sleeping these nights would only start to get worse. "I'm gonna go.. For a walk.. Or something." He pushed the covers off of himself, realizing he would most likely not fall back to sleep for a little while. He made his way out of the room. He took several deep breathes, everything was ok.. He was going to be fine.

'Will it be fine? Or should we kill more to please her?'

'Shut up.. Please shut up,' Markos begged his brain. They were already starting; he was out of sleep for only three minutes and the voices were already beginning to run upon him. He felt the cold hardwood under his feet on the third floor's landing. Walking out into the landing he spotted the library to his immediate right and Adleths's room directly in front of him. Markos pulled his black clothes up a bit. Perhaps.. He could go in there? He stared out the window to his left admiring the city's lights, but he longed to stare at the stars. Maybe she wasn't so bad? The truth laid up there or potentially did.. Maybe he should just get a drink. He weighed his options.

*Knock- Knock* he was careful to be as quiet as possible. Adleth's dark oak door was like everyone else's, standing there with bated breath he mulled to realize she was most likely asleep. He felt silly, pushing his problems on to someone who was just trying to rest- However just as he turned to leave the door swung open. "What the fuck do you need?" Adleth was dressed in a pale green tunic and black pants, her red auburn hair was made a mess and brushed all to her right side. She clearly wasn't dressed for bed.

"I uh.." Markos worried, what did he want again? Oh right. "Could I.. use your spire?" He pointed to the spire on her back right. Her room was laid out as a rectangle with a circular structure on its left, the spire tower in the home was only accessible from her room. She smacked her lips and frowned.

"Why?" She asked. Her face was scrutinizing and judgemental Markos could only compare it to the look Andraste had given him that other night. No. No this one was more curious not simply hostile.

'Oh someone wasn't thinking, Oh! Orphanages burn-'

"I wanna go stargazing?" He suggested he looked at the window watching those tired purple eyes glow back to him, he was miserable and desired sleep but he wouldn't impose on Herod.