Herod Westwood: XIII

Candle Lane: XIII

Candle lane, Herod thought to himself. What kind of place was Candle lane? He walked down the street towards the warehouse.

"The lights are out.." Markos whispered, Herod turned to see Markos staring upwards, for once a more serious expression on his face. "Sorry I just needed the candles!" A slight upturn in Markos's voice excited a chuckle from him. It was a funny moment, Markos's face lit up in a smile.

"You're doing better this morning." Asher clapped a hand against Markos's back. In a grin. From their conversations.. Herod could tell just how terrible Markos's nightmares were. And every morning was like a toss of the dice to see just how bad he was going to be.

"Do we have a plan?" Alekzandr interjected. As the six of them moved towards the road.

"Were you not paying attention?" Herod replied pointing upward. Markos had said it but their little moment had distracted them. Looking upward the four boys gazed at the street lanterns each and every one of them were.. out. The candles were extinguished leaving a severe lack of light in the dim morning. It was roughly five AM, and the lack of illumination was distributing Herod. The group turned the corner into Candle lane, within it at last. The buildings above them towered like giants. What little morning light there was, vanished as the sun couldn't peer over the building's peaks.

"This spells danger." Adleth grunted suddenly, sneaking up on the boys, Riu in tow glanced in either direction, her narrow eyes giving a clear sense of worry to him.

"There it is." Markos broke the tension pointing off into the distance a large warehouse nestled by the dock sat in their path. It was made of black stone walls, with a rusted iron roof. "We should go butcher the non-believers." Markos moved to push forward but Asher and Alekzandr grabbed him on instinct. Herod was not interested however in stopping the cultist just yet.

"Wowowoow hold on." Asher said, "let's uh.. think about this." Pushing the group into a nearby alley, as they stood next to a trash can, a pretty apt description of their adventure thus far.

"Let's just get in and out, grab the fucker and get the cash." Adleth said, peering around the corner.

"Well obviously." Herod replied. "The question is, if the kids there, we may have to deal with some... unsavory people." Herod thought for a moment, was there any part of this he had seen in the Lateracies? "We could go for a back assault, flank around it." He wondered the success of a plan like that, Vulity leapt around him knocking her head curiously.

'If everyone works together then maybe?' Vulity suggested happily.

"There is an open alley to the right of the building, looking at the place there is a landing and clear railing to the left so at least one entrance is on the left not counting the front doors, we go through the side to the back, it's on the docks so water entrance." Adleth said uninterrupted her mind clearly focusing on the mission and less on the stupid side quests each of the members had in mind.

"Why don't we just.. knock on the front door?" Markos asked with his usual wide eyes.

Everyone ignored him.

"Let's split up our entry points. If someones got the man, we gotta make sure we take em out fast, no stops, full on surprise." Asher added. Herod agreed.

"That.. may be hard.." Riu pointed at the building and Herod looked out around the corner.

"Shit." He cussed. In black barely noticeable on the building was a winged snake. The mark of the Zhentarim. "That complicates things." Herod ducked around the corner and stared at the group. "We can't be idle for this. We get in and if needed we cause hell."