Riu Astrial: XLIV

Behind eyes: XLIV

Riu sniffed softly, Kuro snuggled in her arms happily, what was all that.. Why did she get to relive that so.. Closely? Riu shook her head and just continued cuddling her dragon. She could hear footsteps to her left coming from the door, gods she was lucky the streets only held a few passerbys, it was nearing the afternoon but it didn't matter. She stood up trying her best to clear the tears and snot that covered her as she prepared for the others to step out of the shop. Riu slipped her hood on, wrapping it over her head.. Selune, she missed them so much. She clutched her locket just as the door slammed open.

"You all, be sure to let me know!" Tyval's voice sounded happy, good for him, Riu thought. Fuck.. was that drink supposed to make you happy? Sure the memory was great but.. She tried to stifle a sob.

"Of course we will, drunker, thanks.. For the drink." Asher's voice replied bitterly. Riu pivoted herself to face her friends. Wow their reactions were so mixed. Alekzandr looked as if someone had just punched him in the gut, his face was held in a giddy expression but his eyes.. They looked like they were in grief. Asher's face was of course obscured but his shoulders were slumped and his left hand trembled a little. "Let's head back." Asher spat, he didn't even seem to wait for the others, as Riu felt the desire to run over to him, to talk to him. Herod was grinning, he seemed unlike some of the others happy without tragedy, Riu was envious of him. Adleth..

"You.. ok?" Riu whispered to Adleth, the woman held a shock on her face, her bottom lip trembling.

"I'm fine-" Adleth bit back quickly, she took a step away from Riu much to her disappointment. God were they all miserable at talking? Markos was the only one who only looked mildly upset, to be real he mostly looked bored, almost as if someone had disappointed him with the failed memory of his birthday.

Riu clutched herself as they walked back to the tavern, none of them seemed in the talking mood. Noone bedies Herod that is.

"Do you ever wonder what's out there? Like in those stars, god I'm feeling pretty peckish." Herod stepped to the left and grabbed a fallen box off of a cart as he passed by sliding it back on with almost no effort. Impressive reflexes Riu thought. "I mean that's a big galaxy there's gotta be-"

"I don't wonder, Herod. There's stuff out there and they are nice." Markos replied, Riu tried to crack a smile at Herod's quick shutdown. She sniffed and cleared some of the remnants of tears from her eyes, Markos seemed to pivot around, she met his gaze.

"Are you ok?" Markos's voice was soft, Riu tired her best to smile. Thousands of things ran through her mind, there was no way on earth she was talking to this cultist.. Not now, not like this. Riu swallowed hard trying to think of anything but her parents.. She wanted to think of literally anything else possible. She stared into Markos's purple eyes, as even Herod was now looking at her, his forest green eyes giving her an inquisitive look. But Markos.. Markos's eyes held.. Sympathy.. Familiarity..

"I-I'm fine." Riu deflected that she didn't want to open up on this.. Not now. She pondered the idea of talking to Herod later that day but.. Riu shook her head, this isn't something to worry about now. No matter what happened, she couldn't think about the past and she certainly couldn't talk about it. Riu felt Herod's eyes peering at her, his gaze felt so harsh.

"If you say so Riu.." Herod concurred, Herod grabbed Markos's arm and they spun around, just a few moments before they arrived at TrollSkull manor. Riu couldn't help but feel like she was warming up with the place.. She just wished she had her family.. No. Riu sighed at the new woodwork and fresh windows set in. Riu stepped through the open doors, being the last one inside she closed them behind her.