Vestus Konstotte: CXLVIII

Fallout: CXLVIII

Vestus faded in and out of consciousness. Was that pain he felt? Sounds seemed to tear at his ears, more and more screaming and yelling since he'd fallen to the ground. What was pulsating from his stomach and arms had to be the worst agony he had ever felt. Is this death? Hell? For a brief moment, he wondered if his faith in the Olympian gods had served him ill. Not going to Hades was certainly a shocker for him. "Vestus.." What was that? He heard a voice but couldn't tell what exactly it was. Dead rotting flesh was all he could smell, the odd burning sensation that filled his flesh was searing so painfully he swore he was actually on fire. Oh God's of Olympus he was actually dead wasn't he? "Vestus!" Light filled his retna, the smell of burnt flesh seemed to subside as did the pain filling every fiber of his being. Ah, that was.. A bit better. He blinked several times realizing he was coming to. "Vestus.. Thank Selune.." The image of the temple finally connected in his brain.

"What- oh.. Riu?" He whispered breathlessly. She was.. Alive? The white haired aasimar was laying next to him, her icy ocean blue eyes met his own revealing those small golden flecks that really brought out her beauty. With a sigh of relief Vestus turned over on his side his arm screamed out in agony when he did that. "Agh! Oh.. god's ok.. I forgot.."

"Take it easy.." Riu advised, her voice sounded pained, and her face was twisted in a look of concern. She was clearly in pain, her face was covered in dirt and soot. Blood was staining her neck, Riu struggled to push herself off the ground with her arms. Ah.. he already knew what was wrong. Dizziness filled his brain when he sat up straight, the scent of metal and blood filled his nostrils. The fires around them had subsided and a clear smear mark of blood running across the floor went around him. Where was.. On his right Vestus found the large dead giant, Hrabbaz, looked to be exploded apart from the chest, clearly dead. Its head held three distinct spear marks.

"Heh.." He chuckled. Oh good, the Cultist boy had killed it. "Where's.." Vestus glanced around. "Oh gods.." The floor they were sitting on was covered in blood, not just pools of it, but instead long intricate strokes of blood. Where the ritual circle once laid was instead a collection of painted streaks. Some of them were crafted from blood, others seemed to be..

"Makeup powder.. And water.. I learned it when I was young." Riu croaked. Vestus tried to stand on his feet, he'd done enough dying and resting.. 'Oh Asher, I'm sorry I cannot join you son.' He thought bitterly. "G.." He took a deep breath, grunting every few seconds, his whole body felt so dizzy, staring down at his stomach he realized it was wrapped hastily with large white bandages. "CAreful!" Riu screamed, the Aasimar grabbed his leg, holding him in place. Huh? "I.. patched you up the best I could.. And healed you.."

"Take it easy!" A voice yelled from above. Vestus looked up feebly, his vision wasn't entirely back since the giant yellow spot that was the spined devil. With a billowing dusky cloak, Herod landed in front of him. On the warlock's right arm was Alekzandr clutched on and looking extremely beaten down. The wounds spread across the soldier were all covered in a weird pink ointment. Alekzandr looked like shit, his ushanka was crooked, Segiri was trembling in his grasp. The soldier was limping a little bit and his arm was very obviously broken. The man looked terrified and tired. Herod on the other hand.. Looked, good physically. But his face told a different story.

The boy's cloak had become darker in coloration, the back of it when he turned showed off a large green insignia like the one on Vulity. On Herod's head was a low woven together silver crown made to appear like a pair of stag horns. It seemed right. Vestus took many ragged breaths every one of them felt like daggers pushing into his lungs. With groaning agony he tried to flex his muscles in a test, he couldn't move his left arm at all. Vestus went to greet Herod but the warlock spun around before he could even say a word, running over to the base of the wall.