Adleth: LXV

The Hunt Continues: LXV

Adleth let out a massive grin. The dagger she had thrown found its mark right in the thick of his centerpiece. Ustrul howled in pain grabbing the knife and chucking it blindly back at the party. Markos spun his trident, deflecting it to the side. They needed a game plan, Adleth thought. But how were they going to do this with such a cramped space?

"Mind explaining yourself?" Asher asked, Ustrul just glared, his dark eyes looking awfully pissed in that moment.

"Nah, rather just kill you myself!" Urstul raged. Adleth drew her two gilded short swords, the cultist next to her held his trident out, and Asher brandished his long blades.

*Chn-flink*

She recognized Alekzandr's rifle Segiri leveled over her shoulder. Asher charged into the room, with herself and Markos close behind. Like clockwork, the sides of the room practically sprang at them. Adleth caught a glimpse of the creature before they latched onto her arm. It felt like an erupting fire, a hot poker right in her wrist, Adleth screamed in pain, slashing a sword to cut it off, the thing crumbled to the ground with a quick slice. It was long, green and had large teeth. It resembled some kind of snake.

"Shit!" Asher yelled. The snake must have bit him as well. Urstul was laughing while he came charging at them, not willing to miss such an opportunity. Adleth moved to the right against a nearby dresser holding her swords up. Her right arm however was hurt and pulsed in pain when she tried to use it. She switched the focus onto her left.

"Got you!" Urstul yelled.

"You've got jack shit!" Adleth denounced she took a step forward to parry the blow.

*Wsssthentt*

A streaking noise hit her ear. She got an eyeful of a three pronged trident sticking into Urstul's far away body. Markos held his arm out bent over in a throwing position. She got a good look as the trident disappeared into purple mist like tentacles grabbing it into a portal and was returned in Markos's hand. Urstul groaned in pain. Adleth jumped to his left making a quick slash of her sword.

"Now you die!" Asher cried. The fellow weapon user ran at the man making a fury of attacks with his two blades. The two of them danced around him like animals leaping back out of harm's reach whenever he swung his great big sword.

*Frbeerboom!*

The room filled with the sound of Aleksandr's rifle, an array of ice bursts, and then magic missiles hit him drawing grunts of pain or wailing cries from the frost. Adleth almost felt sorry for him. She cocked her head observing how he fought, watching the twist in his muscles. 'He'' attack Markos now.' She predicted.

"This is absurd!" Urstul yelled. He slashed down at Markos, catching the half-elf between the shoulder blades.

"F-" Markos stumbled over on his ass trying to get up, the sword dug deeply into his shoulder probably catching on some armor but it still drew blood. Adleth rushed him, 'screw the guy attacking my.. Friends.' Adleth stabbed her left, and then right, switching between attacks. A crackle of lightning hit him in the chest.

"Eat lightning!" Herod yelled. He was closing quickly ready to attack Urstul, Adleth and Asher took turns swiping strikes and more slashing at his exposed parts, the legs, parts of the torso, trying to catch his arm. Spells were hurled as Urstul seemed able to sidestep them; he made a brutal crash of his blades down on Asher who tried his best to block. It was futile. Adleth watched helplessly as the blade crashed right into Asher's chest slashing in.. two. Wait. Adleth watched Asher shimmer from existence like a mirage in the water.