01

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ leaving already?
l/n y/n, age 10

Y/N silently watched as Hanma was dragged away. She held back a laugh as he sent her a mischievous grin. He had been caught swearing again and Isabella did not like that one bit.

"I've never met someone who likes to taste soap as much as you do." Mr. Jung, a worker at the orphanage, grumbled.

"What can I say, it's part of my character." Hanma cheekily retorted. Y/N, who had lifted her cup of water to her lips and taken a sip, choked. She quickly swallowed, droplets dripping down her chin.

Over time, she and Hanma had grown to become great friends. They spent every minute together, even going as far as sleeping in the same bed when Y/N experienced nightmares.

"Hey, Hanma," She called out, "Make sure not to swallow the soap like that last." She grinned. Hanma laughed, sending her a wink.

Mr. Jung glared at Y/N, but she ignored him. He didn't like her, that was obvious. In fact, he hated everybody. However, he had a certain disliking to Y/N and Hanma, describing them as 'the spawns of the devil if they were soulmates and best friends'.

Hanma was pulled away before he could get another word in. Y/N silently stood up, leaving her unfinished dinner on the table.

She hurried after Hanma and Mr. Jung, making sure to keep her footsteps silent. Nobody bothered to stop her or even look in her general direction, not even Isabella. She just watched Y/N with a smile.

"Ah, man! Where do you guys get these soaps?! These are gross! But, at least this one tastes better than the last!" Hanma's loud voice echoed throughout the hallway. Y/N rolled her eyes. He was always so boisterous and intense that she was starting to wonder where he got all his energy from.

[ in the old days, adults would often make kids who swore rinse their mouths with soap in an attempt to 'cleanse' them. Please don't trauma dump in the comments or mention something personal ]

Y/N leaned against the wall, arms crossed over her chest. She could hear Hanma gag and cough, spitting out the soapy water while shouting curses at Mr. Jung.

The said teacher exited the bathroom, the front of his shirt completely soaked. Y/N blinked. He glowered at her, scowling deeply.

"Keep your boyfriend under control, girlie!" He shouted, pointing at her, before storming off.

Not a second later, Hanma popped up beside her.