59

꒰

.ೃ assassin
l/n y/n, age 16

The four siblings sat in a circle on the cold tiled floor. Y/N shifted around, trying to get comfortable. It had been hours since she first entered the room, and she assumed the nurses were starting to get concerned. One even knocked on the door a few minutes ago to check up on her. Luckily, it was locked.

"An... assassin?" Y/N murmured, trying to make sense of the information her siblings had just given her, "That... would explain everything. Did any of you see who it was?" Nira and Ashley shook their heads while Daisuke hesitated.

"I... saw a flash of black... but that's all. They had black hair, the same colour as Nira's." The brunette uttered, reaching over to hold up a lock of the said female's raven hair.

"Black. Not very helpful since it's common. But, the suspect would've had to know the hospital like the back of their hand. A few wires were unplugged, so it's clear they knew how to use the machines as well. Therefore, it's likely that they worked in the hospital. They wouldn't have gotten in so easy if they didn't." Y/N said, thinking out loud, "And, to drug Nira, they would've needed to know the compounds fairly well. They didn't want people to find any remains of the drugs used. That supports the theory that they work in the hospital." Nira, Ashley, and Jay exchanged glances, mildly surprised by how quickly Y/N had gathered up evidence.

"You don't think..." Ashley trailed off, nervously biting her lip.

"No," Nira shook her head, "It couldn't be... right?"

"The attacker also would've had to be close to us. Yuji wouldn't do it, nor would Tetta. Jay doesn't have black hair. Therefore, all indication points to..." Y/N gulped, her voice beginning to shake, "Hiro."

"He wouldn't!" Daisuke exclaimed, "He adopted us... why would he adopt us if he was planning to kill us all along?!"

"I'm not saying it is him," Ashley mumbled, "But Y/N does share similar features with him if you look closely. Plus, dad- I mean Hiro, faintly mentioned that he had another wife before Yuji."

"I believe that woman... was Y/N's mother." Nira piped up, "I found a picture of them together while I was cleaning the storage room. I didn't mean to peek but the photo just fell. The resemblance was too much to be considered a coincidence but I shrugged it off."

"So that means..." Daisuke whispered, eyebrows furrowed.

"Hiro is Y/N's biological dad." Ashley finished. All three teenagers peered at Y/N, awaiting her reaction. She had her elbows resting on her knees, hands clasped together, as she racked her brain for another answer, a much simpler one to understand.