42

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ why her ?
l/n y/n, age 16

warnings !!
stitches, pills (medication purposes), blood (just in case y'all are triggered by it)

Loud shouting and screams echoed throughout the corridors of the hospital. Y/N sat outside the surgery room, elbows resting on her thighs. She gulped, hands trembling slightly.

"Miss, you really do need to get treated." The same nurse who had been bothering Y/N for ten minutes uttered, large doe eyes shining in worry.

"Shut up." The H/C-haired girl grumbled, pointing her pocket knife at the nurse. The blade was still coated in her blood, the red liquid dripping down to stain the tiles of the floor.

Another scream came from Hanma's room and Y/N flinched. The doctors had told her there were a total of nine bullets, all tricky to remove, and there was a low chance that Hanma would actually survive.

"Miss, it's crucial for us to cover up that wound! If not, you'll lose too much blood and die!" The nurse exclaimed.

"Then let me!" Snapped Y/N, "I was told Shuji has a low chance of surviving. If he dies, I die with him!" The nurse paused, not knowing what to do.

"I'll... be right back!" She scurried off, her heels clicking against the floor. Y/N sighed, tilting her head to the side.

"Keisuke, what should I do?" She asked the see-through figure next to her. He grinned, silently patting her head. Perhaps she was hallucinating from losing too much blood or she could actually see ghosts but, no matter what the reason, Y/N was thankful for the gesture.

"Mama, why is that girl talking to herself and bleeding?" A young child passed by with his mother.

"Akio, don't point or stare! That's rude!" The woman scolded. A small smile ghosted over Y/N's cracked lips. She reminded her of Baji's mother. Long, curly black hair, enchanting brown orbs, and beautiful milky skin. She was almost the spitting image of Baji Keisuke.

"Excuse me, do you need a tissue?" Abruptly, the child ran over to Y/N.

"I think I need more than that, kid. Maybe a miracle." Her voice sounded rough and it pained her to talk.

"Don't worry! You'll be okay!" The small male handed her a trinket of some sort, "Here, take this! It's for good luck!" It was a lucky charm, much like the one Baji used to carry around.

Silently, Y/N nodded as she took it. At least there was still some kindness in this cruel world.

"Are you waiting for someone?" The boy, Akio, questioned as he glanced at the surgery room. Y/N quietly hummed. "I saw you drag somebody in. Was he your boyfriend? He looked handsome and strong. I'm sure he'll survive. People like him don't die easily. And, you should get your mouth fixed. It's bleeding. Let me help a little bit." Akio pulled a piece of cloth out of his pocket and stood on his tiptoes, lightly dabbing it onto Y/N's injury.