09

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ festival fun
l/n y/n, age 13

Y/N stared at the festival in astonishment. She had never seen so many lights before. They illuminated the streets of Tokyo, making everything seem brighter than it already was.

"It's so... beautiful," Y/N mumbled, at a loss for words. Baji smiled, slinging an arm around the shorter girl's shoulders.

"If you think this is pretty, you should see the view from on top of that hill." Baji uttered, "Hey, come on, I'll show you." Y/N walked alongside her friend as he led her up the hill and away from the busy festival.

"Say, aren't you cold?" He asked, staring at Y/N's attire. She was wearing her favorite cargo pants with a slightly oversized short-sleeved shirt and, to match, black boots.

Y/N shrugged, rubbing her arms.

"A little bit." She admitted, "But I'll be fine." Baji clicked his tongue, hastily taking off his jacket.

"Jeez, you're so irresponsible sometimes." He shoved the clothing into her hands, "Wear it, now." Y/N rolled her eyes as she put on the jacket, the sleeves engulfing her hands.

Baji blinked before letting out a loud cackle. Y/N pouted.

"Hahaha! You're so small!" He exclaimed, clutching his stomach. Y/N frowned before kicking him in the leg. His knees buckled and he fell. It was now her turn to laugh.

She let out a small chuckle, staring down at Baji. He grinned, showing off his fangs.

"Sorry, you're just so annoying sometimes," Y/N said, holding out a hand for Baji.

"Was that supposed to be an apology or an insult?" He asked. Y/N shrugged.

"Both." She replied.

Baji suddenly grabbed her hand, pulling her down with him. She shrieked as she collapsed on him, face hitting his chest.

He snickered, smirking mischievously. Y/N, in return, huffed.

"Idiot." She grumbled as she stood up, brushing the dirt off her clothes. Baji gazed at her, a hint of affection swirling around in his dark brown orbs. "Oi," She nudged him with her foot, "Are we gonna keep going or what?"

"Oh, yeah. Hang on." Baji scrambled up, "Race ya to the top?"

"Sure. See ya there, loser."