54

꒰

.ೃ naoto <3
l/n y/n, age 16

Y/N had lost count of how many hours she and Takemichi had been sitting in the rain. It didn't really matter anyway. She could hardly feel the cold biting at her exposed skin.

Takemichi's jacket was draped over her shoulders while he had his arms wrapped around himself, shaking slightly.

"You don't have to stay, you know," Y/N muttered, "I'm fine here... by myself..." Takemichi turned to face her.

"Well, having someone to share the grief with can help." He flashed her a dazzling smile.

"I guess." Y/N quietly hummed.

A few more moments passed before the rain suddenly stopped. The pair looked around, blinking in confusion when they saw that it was still pouring.

"Takemichi, why are you sitting in the rain?" A young voice inquired, "Big sister isn't going to be happy." The blonde whizzed around, eyes widening.

"N-Naoto?!" He stammered, "What are you doing out so late!"

"Big sister heard the news about a death occurring here. She saw that you were involved so she wanted to check if you were okay. But, she twisted her ankle. So, I came out instead." The ravenette boy explained, "Do you and your friend need... any help?" He glanced at Y/N, observing her. It was clear she had been crying but, nevertheless, she still looked stunning.

Naoto let out a small squeak when Y/N's eyes suddenly shifted to stare back at him. His cheeks turned bright red and he quickly turned his head.

"Hey, Takemichi," She spoke up, "You should go with him. I'll stay here... and call someone to pick up... Ash's body." She whipped out her phone, finger grazing over her contacts. Finally, she decided on Hiro.

She dialed his number and waited for his response.

"Y/N? Hello?! Are you okay?" His voice came out muffled.

"Ash got shot with a crossbow." Y/N bluntly uttered. There was no use in sugarcoating her words now. "I think originally... they were supposed to run her over. But, somebody saved her. I guess they had a backup plan which involved... an arrow."

The other side of the line went completely silent. A small shuffling noise was heard before Hiro sighed.

"Is there anything on the arrow? A mark of some sort or even a pair of initials?" The man questioned. Y/N directed her attention to the arrow, spotting a small 'A' carved into the brown wood.