02

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ hanma's letter collection
hanma shuji, age 10

Hi Y/N,
it's been kind of lonely without you around to constantly tease or scold me. My new lifestyle is great and all, but I wished I could've taken you with me. Of course, that would mean you also would've been adopted into the same family. That isn't exactly ideal for me, since I plan on marrying you one day.

I know, cheesy. I can almost hear your scoff right now. You're probably frowning and thinking to yourself 'gosh, he's crazy'. I mean, I did jump off a roof for you one time. Do you remember that? Isabella got so mad at me for breaking one of my ribs. You couldn't stop laughing. You did visit me every day though, so I forgive you.

The streets of Tokyo are always crowded and busy. I'm not used to all the noise. Back at the orphanage, it was pretty bare and the atmosphere was always peaceful... unless we were doing something stupid.

I kind of miss how Mr. Jung would always chase us around, spraying Holy Water at us. It was funny. He called us demons and spawns of Satan. Heck, he even called me your boyfriend! Ha, I wish I could come to visit. I really miss you. It feels empty without you, lifeless even.

I hope your nightmares are improving. I'm sorry I can't be there to comfort you. If it were up to me, I would never leave your side. As cliche as it sounds, I want to stay with you forever. And, remember that kiss you gave me on the day I left? Yeah, I want another. When we see each other again, I'm expecting you to run up to me and kiss me. Make sure to kiss me on the lips though, like in those romantic movies we would occasionally watch.

Yours truly, Hanma Shuji <3.

━━━━━━

Hey, Y/N!

You'll never guess what happened today! I'm writing this in math class, but studying can wait!

So, there's this one mean and grumpy teacher at my school. She's kind of like Mr. Jung, but way worse. Anyway, this group of guys thought it would be funny to play a prank on her. They got a bucket of goop and put it on top of the door. She opened the door, and it fell all over her! It was hilarious! I wish I had a camera or phone because I would've totally videoed that.

How are you going? I heard a few more kids have been adopted. It's only a matter of time before you are too. I hope your new family lives in Tokyo. That way, we can see each other more easily! Of course, I'd still swim the ocean to see you. I don't care how far away you are, I'll find you one way or another. Oh man, that sounded creepy. It wasn't intentional, don't worry. I'm not about to stalk you or anything... maybe.