29

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ one last favor
l/n y/n, age 16

Y/N hopped off Hanma's bike, gripping an envelope of money in her left hand. Her heart was pounding in her chest and she was sweating slightly.

"Oi, sweetie, you gonna go in or not?" Questioned Hanma, his eyelids drooping. It was late and he wanted nothing more than to crash over at Y/N's house while they binge-watch Disney movies.

Inhaling deeply, Y/N closed her eyes, trying to recollect her thoughts.

"I'll be back," She muttered to Hanma, "Don't go anywhere." The H/C-haired female entered the hospital and made an immediate beeline for the front desk. "Can you tell me where Ryuguji Ken is?" She questioned.

"He's currently in the operation room. He's in critical condition." The front desk lady answered. Y/N nodded her head.

"Okay, thank you." She shallowly bowed before hurrying down the corridor of the hospital. She blinked once she reached the surgery room, not expecting to see so many people waiting for Draken.

"Oh..." Her voice caught the group's attention, "You guys got here before me." She didn't have enough time to react before Baji grabbed her by the collar, glaring at her.

"You bitch." He growled, seething. He clenched his jaw, hands shaking from how much rage was rushing through his body. Y/N's face remained stoic as she stared at him with lifeless eyes. "Hah?! You even have the audacity to show up here after betraying us and you still remain emotionless?! Fuck you, honestly! I wish I never met you! I wish I never comforted you all those years ago! I knew you were bad news from the start! Was that guy your boyfriend?! Was he your fucking boyfriend?! I wouldn't be surprised if you cheated on him. You're just like that! I wish you were dead! I really wish you were fucking dead, you bitch!"

As Baji yelled insults directly into her face, Y/N just tilted her head to the side.

"Please let go." She murmured softly. Baji faltered, blinking in slight shock.

"Did you just say... please?" He was beyond surprised. Y/N was hardly ever polite since she preferred cussing over mannerisms.

"Let go before I break your kneecaps." Even though it was meant to be a threat, Baji could tell she was bluffing. Her voice was much gentler than usual and she wasn't acting as impulsive as she usually did. Slowly, Baji released his grip on her shirt and took a step back. "Did you mean what you said?" Y/N asked, "About me being dead?" Mitsuya, in a panic, interrupted the moment.

"Y/N, you know he didn't mean that." The lilac-haired boy uttered. Baji remained silent, staring down at the tiled floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world.