05

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ boomerang eyebrows
l/n y/n, age 10

"Y/N-chan, it's been a while."

The words of Manjiro rang loudly inside Y/N's head like a gong. She lay in her bed, staring up at the ceiling. She was somewhat glad to see Manjiro again, but he wasn't the friend she was searching for. He wasn't Hanma.

The main reason she even got adopted was to find Hanma. So far, she was having no luck. She checked malls, supermarkets, even going as far as to inspect houses nearby. If only she had his address, that would be so much easier.

Nira and Jay, surprisingly, helped her. Both of them had wide social connections, especially Jay. Being a model had its perks for him.

Y/N yawned. She glanced at the light seeping through her curtains and warming the side of her bed. Slowly, she arose. Her joints clicked and she let out soft noises of relief.

Y/N still had yet to meet Daisuke. By the time she, Ashley, and Nira arrived home, he had already locked himself in his room. Daisuke, as described by Nira, was strange. He had two sides to him, extrovert and introvert. Briefly speaking, he was an ambivert. Sometimes, he was full of energy and very friendly. Other times, he was quiet and cold. Kind of like if Jay and Nira were one person.

A knock on her door interrupted Y/N's thoughts. A young male with brown hair, yellow eyes, and pale skin poked his head into the room.

"Hey, I'm Daisuke. Sorry I couldn't greet you yesterday, something came up." He uttered. Y/N just nodded, gawking at him. An awkward silence settled between the two before Daisuke cleared his throat. "L/N Y/N, right?" He asked in an attempt to break the ice.

"... Yes." She politely smiled, "That's me." It went silent once more and Y/N was practically dying at how quiet it was.

"Well, I need to go. I have baseball practice." Daisuke offered her a smile, "See you soon?"

"Hai, yes... see you soon."

Daisuke left and Y/N let out a breath she didn't know she had been holding. She relaxed her tense muscles, pausing, before climbing out of bed.

She tidied up her blankets and opened her curtains, squinting when the bright light hit her eyes.

It was late in the evening, almost lunchtime.

"Man, I've never slept that long." She muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes.

The beds at the orphanage were always rock-hard with thin blankets and uncomfortable pillows. Whereas, here, the mattress was soft as a cloud.