07

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ hospital visit
l/n y/n, age 10

warning !!
hospital

Y/N tilted her head to the side, staring out the window. It was nearing dusk, the sky becoming a canopy of purple, pink, and blue. She rubbed her injured knees that had been patched up by a nurse, the thick bandages itching her skin slightly. She grimaced. Just when she thought she had escaped a bad situation, another one came along.

"Y/N, you okay?" Nira placed a hand on her sibling's shoulder. Y/N flinched, jumping to the other side of her seat.

"Oh... Sorry. I thought you were someone else." Y/N muttered after realizing it was just Nira.

"It's... okay." The ravenette offered her a smile, understanding that Y/N still needed some time to recover fully from the shock. Her dark brown eyes flittered over the various forming bruises and scratches on Y/N's body. Just those alone were enough for Nira to put together what had happened.

Beside the ravenette, Jay grunted. He was hunched over, elbows resting on his thighs while he played piano tiles on his phone, trying to distract himself.

Across from Y/N, Ashley was stress-eating. She had found the hospital's stash of candy and the front desk worker had given her one too many.

Hiro was pacing back and forth in the hallway, mumbling to himself as his heels clacked against the floor.

"... He'll be okay... right?" Y/N asked, interrupted the tense silence. Nira, Jay, and Ashley exchanged looks.

"... It doesn't work that way, Y/N. Um... The doctors said he lost a lot of blood and... well... he's been in cardiac arrest for hours now. We can only pray that... he survived the surgery." Nira's eyes glossed over with tears.

"Oh." Y/N muttered, "... I'm going to the bathroom." She stood up, ignoring the pitied and concerned looks she received from her siblings and Hiro.

Y/N walked through the white hallways of the building, completely missing the bathrooms. She had no intention to go anyway, she just needed some time to think and reflect.

"Huh? Y/N? What are you doing here?"

The said girl looked over her shoulder, spotting a familiar looking boy.

"... Who are you?" She asked, not remembering his name. His eye twitched.

"I'm Baji Keisuke! The guy you met at the mall!" He exclaimed.