57

꒰

.ೃ reincarnation is a funny thing
l/n y/n, age 16

It had been two weeks since Ashley's death and Hiro had been acting... strange. He was always slinking into his office, not even bothered to spare Y/N, Jay, and Kisaki a glance. He practically ignored Yuji but she didn't seem to mind as she always returned home with a new man dropping her off.

Of course, this alerted Y/N. She couldn't help but be reminded of her old family and how it crumbled to ash very quickly. She wanted to do something but, honestly, what could she do? This was Yuji and Hiro's marriage. They had to figure it out themselves.

Y/N quietly hummed as Baji ran his nimble fingers through her hair. The H/C-nette was lying down on her plush bed, eyes closed, while her black-haired friend hugged her tightly as if he was afraid to lose her.

He was mumbling under his breath but Y/N could care less about that at the moment. Her ears were strained, trying to listen in on Yuji and Hiro's conversation. They were arguing, as per usual. They had been doing that a lot recently, not a very good thing for their relationship.

"What the fuck are you saying?!" Yuji exclaimed. A loud crash was heard, followed by a feminine scream. "You bitch!"

A sigh slipped past Y/N's lips.

"There goes their marriage." She muttered, frowning. Baji shifted around, resting his head on Y/N's chest.

"It'll be fine." He muttered, "It's just a little lovers' fight." Y/N silently lifted a hand, caressing Baji's cheek.

As soon as the pads of her fingertips came in contact with his translucent skin, she felt a spark. She yelped, recoiling. It seemed her raven-haired friend felt it too as he jumped back.

"Ow, what was that?" Y/N scowled as she inspected her fingers. The tips looked burned but, for some reason, she felt no pain. "Kei, are you ok"- She cut herself off, eyes widening as her jaw dropped.

"Huh? Why are you looking at me like that? I know I'm hot but still." He smugly smiled while Y/N spluttered for an answer.

"Kei... don't panic," She murmured, "But... you know what, just look at your arm." Baji rolled his eyes.

"It's see-through as always, Y/N. Nothing's chang- HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I'M NOT SEE-THROUGH!" His loud voice echoed throughout her room and Y/N was thankful for the thick walls.

"Chifuyu... we have to show Chifuyu this! And the others! Kei, come on!" The H/C-nette grabbed her friend by the arm, tugging him towards the window.