61

꒰

.ೃ cat's out of the bag
l/n y/n, age 16

Y/N wasn't surprised when she returned home to see that all Yuji's belongings were gone. Kisaki, too, was nowhere to be seen.

"They finally divorced, huh." Murmured Y/N, frowning. Baji stood behind her, trying to hide behind her figure. He was no longer see-through, making it much harder to sneak in.

"Oh, Y/N, you're back." Hiro was sitting at the dining table, back facing the said girl. She pushed Baji forward, silently telling him to hurry into her bedroom.

"Yuji finally moved out. She took Tetta with him. I doubt you'll be seeing either one of them any time soon." Hiro chuckled, shaking his head, "And to think I was beginning to like her." Y/N blinked, tilting her head to the side.

"I thought you already had feelings for her." The H/C-haired female was confused. What did Hiro mean by 'beginning to like her'?

"Truthfully," Hiro admitted, "She was annoying. I only put up with you because of you." Y/N cleared her throat, shifting from side to side.

"Daisuke, he... um... he passed away." She bit her lip, wondering if Hiro would finally admit it, "Somebody tempered with his equipment."

"I know," Hiro looked over his shoulder, smiling, "I was the one who did it."

And finally, the truth was revealed.

Y/N paused, not knowing how to react. Should she be happy that he finally told her? Or, should she feel betrayed? After all, she saw him as an older brother figure, somebody she could trust.

"I just want to know... one thing." She murmured, "Why? What did you have to gain with killing the people I love? What was your ultimate goal?" Anger was slowly rising, but Y/N did her best to contain it.

"Smart girl. I made the right choice in bringing you back. Perhaps I should've stayed with your mother. It would've been easier to raise you and mould you into a weapon." Hiro chuckled, "Ah, but that woman was so annoying."

"Let me guess," Muttered Y/N as she stepped forward, "You left my mother because you couldn't stand her. You most likely hired somebody to take your place. That, however, didn't end well. That guy ended up murdering my mother and almost killing me. The police sent me to an orphanage and, once you got word of me being there, you adopted the others so you could take on the role of a caring father. You gained their trust and, once I came into the picture, you dropped them all. You mentioned earlier that you wanted to make me into a weapon. Therefore, that is your aim. To make me into a threat so you can stand at the top while all those below you suffer."