40

꒰

꒰ .ೃ࿐ ꒱ baji, we miss you <3
l/n y/n, age 16
toman, age 13-15

warnings !!
angst ig, slight indication of su*cide, talk of death, spoilers in mikey's part (you'll also need to read the manga to understand some of it)

Y/N sat down in front of Baji's stone grave, holding a container of Peyoung Yakisoba in her hands. She grinned, placing the food in front of her.

"I'm back, Keisuke," She murmured, "And, this time, I bought Peyoung Yakisoba. You really loved it, didn't you? And, I can see why. It tastes nice. I even saved half for you." She took out a pack of cigarettes, grabbing one and lighting it. "To be honest, I don't know what to do about Shuji. He betrayed me and... it hurts. But, I guess this is how you guys felt when I left you... I'm so sorry about that. I was being selfish and, in the end, I couldn't save you. I'm sorry, Keisuke, I really am."

She blew out a dark cloud of smoke, sighing.

"My family is worried about me. I don't come out of my room unless it's to visit you. I haven't talked to Tetta in a while and Shuji hasn't even looked my way. Mikey tried speaking to me, Draken keeps glancing at me, Mitsuya gave me some new clothes, Chifuyu bought me candy, and... I even went to visit Pah. He's doing good. Even though he's stupid, I still miss him around." Y/N shifted around, trying to make herself more comfortable, "Truth be told, I don't get why Toman is trying to communicate with me. I betrayed them, I betrayed you. Why... why do you guys insist on forgiving me... when all I do is let people down?!" She choked on a slight sob.

"Hey... Baji..." The H/C-haired girl muttered, "I hope you're in a better place now... Say 'hi' to Chiro for me."

━━━━━━

Two weeks had passed since the fight but nothing changed. Y/N still visited Baji daily and, sometimes, she'd even run into Chifuyu. They were both experiencing the same pain, along with Kazutora, so it was no surprise when Chifuyu suddenly curled up on Y/N's lap and cried, soaking her shirt with tears.

She ran a hand through his hair, hoping it would comfort him. It seemed to work as he grew silent, the only sound being his quiet sniffs.

"I miss him Y/N, I miss him a lot." Chifuyu mumbled, his voice muffled, "You know, he used to talk about you a lot. He really, really liked you. And, I think the thing he regretted most... was not confessing earlier." Y/N stayed still, listening to him rant. "He wanted to spend more time with you... but you were always so busy with Mikey or Hanma. It was funny to see him riled up. Heck, even his mother noticed. Sometimes, when Toman and I would swing 'round to his place, we'd see his mother screaming while throwing stuff at him, demanding him to confess already. It was a hilarious sight to see."

Chifuyu's words made Y/N's heart ache and she finally embraced the boy.

"Chifuyu, please... stop. You're only hurting yourself." She mumbled, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry I couldn't stop him. I had the chance to but... I didn't take it. It should've been me, not Baji. I'm so sorry... for your loss."

Chifuyu abruptly shoved Y/N away. She gaped at him as he scrambled to his feet, his hands balled up into fists.

"Don't say that!" He screamed, "Don't say... that it should've been you... Because you never even played a role in Baji-san's death... You didn't know... they would pull a stunt like like that... Besides, I still care about you, Toman still cares about you, that Hanma guys still cares about you. Don't you ever say something like that again or I'll kill you myself! You got that?!" Y/N was surprised at his outburst but, nevertheless, she nodded.

"Crystal clear."

━━━━━━

"This really is messed up." Mikey took a seat in front of Baji's grave. He held a few snacks in his arms to occupy himself while he talked. "Y/N won't even acknowledge me. She blames herself, I know. I want to help her... but she won't let me. She won't let me save her." He exhaled, shivering slightly in the chilly atmosphere. "Anyway, you'll say 'hi' to Shinichiro for me, won't you? Oh, and tell him to keep an eye on Y/N. Make sure she doesn't join you too soon. It's not her time, not yet."

Mikey smiled and, even though it looked genuine, his eyes were beginning to glass over.

"I miss the old times, Baji. Where we would just race around, tease Y/N, and she'd kick our asses. Ha, Baji... what happened... what happened to make it all turn out like... this?" He could no longer contain his emotions. They overflowed and several tears trailed down his porcelain-colored cheeks. "I wish I could've done more... to make Y/N stay. Maybe if I was a better leader, she wouldn't have left." He curled up into a ball, pulling his knees to his chest.

"Remember that time we were all talking 'bout pubes and Y/N got disgusted? Yeah, she refused to talk to us for two weeks after that. Heh, that was funny. You would throw rocks at her window... and we even found a boombox to blast songs with. The way she glared at us through her window was hilarious. Heck, you even broke her window! You threw a brick and it almost hit her! Man, she got even angrier after that. Beat us all up and, despite how sore our muscles were... we couldn't help but laugh." Mikey shakily inhaled, his throat burning.

"I would do anything... to experience that... one last time."

━━━━━━

It was almost sunset yet Draken was still kneeling in front of Baji's grave, paying his respect. He could see the various gifts scattered around the headstone but one, in particular, caught his attention.

It was a pink-colored envelope with the words 'To Baji, from Y/N' messily scribbled on the front in red ink. A small smile ghosted over Draken's pale lips.

"So, Y/N still visits you? I heard from Chifuyu that he ran into her a few days ago... I wonder why Mikey and I never seem to stumble upon her... Maybe she comes in the afternoon." Draken paused, thinking for a moment, before shrugging. "Eh, that's not important right now. How are you, Baji? You feelin' better now? I hope you do. This has been hard on all of us, especially Chifuyu, Kazutora, and Y/N. They look... fucking terrible like they haven't slept in weeks. Chifuyu told us Y/N's eyebags have even grown darker. They always did look good on her though, so no need to worry."

Draken bowed his head, thickly swallowing. Truth be told, he missed Baji, he missed him a lot. But, he refused to cry. Even un bed, under all his blankets, he would only shed a single tear. He was never one to express much emotion and he wasn't going to start now.

"So, Baji, how are you doing? Did Hell spit you out already? Tell me... everything... I want to hear it."

━━━━━━

A long, black-haired ravenette sat on top of the memorial that had his full name carved into the stone. He grinned as he caught sight of Y/N, one of his many daily visitors. As usual, she looked void of emotion. She placed a piece of thick parchment wrapped in deep blue string down before lifting her head, staring straight at him. Baji blinked, shocked.

Slowly, her lips curled into a tiny smile. Baji returned the gesture, flashing her a toothy grin and mouthing three simple words.

'I love you'