Chapter 53

Looking at the child like expression on Evil Infant's face, William felt like he needed to explain some things.

"Sit before me."

Evil Infant meekly followed his words with moist eyes.

William felt like cursing someone.

"Listen carefully Evil Infant you are no longer the artefact you once were, now you have become a woman and a beautiful one at that...."

Evil Infant nodded her head to show that she understand.

"So you see it is not appropriate for a man and a woman to behave so closely with each other....."

William pointed at himself when he said 'man' and then at Evil Infant when he said 'woman'. Trying to help her understand better.

Evil Infact tilted her head as she kept listening to what William said.

"That is why you should not be so intimate with me, also I am not some kind per-----"

Suddenly Evil Infant moved her finger and touched William's lips stopping him from speaking further.

"Kind man....."

Then she said while looking straight at William's confused eyes.

"I know...."

A pair of dark and burning eyes stared at each other.

"I feed on....evil desires..."

Her broken speech was charming in its own way.

"Pride...gluttony.....greed....envy.....wrath...sloth.....and....lust...."

"I...who was.....born from evil....knows them....better than anyone...else...."

Evil Infant retractable her hand as William continued to listen.

"But.....kind man..."

The Evil Infant's Wheel Of Myriad Tribulations within her eyes stared straight at William's soul.

It was pure.

Purer than anything else she has ever seen.....

Brighter than anything else she has ever witnessed....

A soul too pure for this tainted world....

That is why she who has come to hate darkness, adored looking at that pure soul.

Raising her hand she touched her chest.

"Kind man.....when....when...you asked Evil Infant.....to be.....your family...Evil Infant felt happy...."

The fact that such a pure being extended his hand towards her the incarnation of darkness was enough to move her.

Evil Infant looked down at her hand which she had gained just recently, she was still getting used to this feeling, then she looked at William's small hand.

*Grab*

Moving her fair hand she interlocked her fingers with William's.

"That is why..... don't let Evil Infant....return to....to darkness...please?"

She tried to put up the best smile she could muster.

She wanted to stay longer with this person who was like light itself.

Even if it meant being a little selfish.....

So that one day her darkness may be dyed in the same light...

*Ba-dump*

William could feel his heart race faster as he looked at that awkward smile on Evil Infant's face.

Releasing a deep breath William said.

"Know this Evil Infant."

"You who are a part of my familia...."

"Will not be left alone even if you wanted to."

Evil Infant's expression brightened as her smile grew wider becoming more natural.

William avoided looking directly at her face.

Then William said in a small voice.

"Do you remember what I told you before? Evil Infant? ..."

"That you are now a part of..."

Evil Infant's eyes enlarged as she continued his sentence.

"....the greatest familia...the world has ever seen..."

"Indeed!"

"The world's greatest familia!"

"You are a part of it."

"....I am....a part..."

"whether you like it or not."

"...whether I like...or not....I like....really like...."

*Sob*

William:.....