Chapter-13

"Here you go young master", The maid said as she finished combing William's hair.

"Hmh", Looking at his reflection in the mirror, William nodded in satisfaction.

"Lian'er it's time to leave"

Hearing his father's call, William got out of his room and saw his parents and elder brother standing together waiting for him.

Looking at his son, Xiao Juetian nodded as said.

"Let's go"

The Xiao couple took the lead followed by the two brothers.

Suddenly William felt a tug and saw his supposedly elder brother looking at him with a haughty look.

Pointing a finger at William and then at himself he said.

"Me older"

After saying what he wanted to say, a huge smile appeared on his face as the six-year-old- boy started walking towards the carriage in big strides.

'What was that all about...', William didn't know wheather to laugh or cry as he saw a six-year-old trying to act arrogant.

He had to say though, a kid trying to act arrogant is quite amusing to look at.

Shaking his head with a small smile, William also entered the carriage.

--------------------------

Looking out of the window, William saw the streets of the royal capital.

He saw how all the people on the street stared at their carriage with a revering look in their eyes.

*Snore*

Hearing the sound, William turned his head and saw that his older brother had somehow managed to fall asleep on this bumpy carriage.

*Snoreee*

"Wake up you fool!!", Xiao Juetian shouted.

"B-boobies no father?"

Controlling his twitching face, Xiao Juetian turned his gaze towards William and siad.

"We'll be counting on you Lian'er."

----------------------------------

[Blue Wind Empire, Royal Palace]

"The Xiao Sect has arrived", The guard shouted as every one present in the grand hall turned their heads towards the approaching group.

"That's one of the four great sects of our kingdom...", Random guy A said

"Look it's the young master of the Xiao family I heard that he turned six this year.", Random guy B followed

"Who is that cute little girl", A lady suddenly commented as she looked at the red haired child with sparkling eyes.

"Perhaps that's the mysterious hidden child of the Xiao family", Random guy B said with a thoughtful look on his face.

"What do you mean 'mysterious hidden child?' "

"It is said that two years ago the Xiao family gave birth to a second child but no information about him was leaked out and no one even know how he looked like up till now", Random guy B said.

Suddenly the people around started murmuring as they looked at the red haired child.

"But I heard that the child was a boy....I suppose you can't trust information too easily these days....

---------------------------

It was a blessing that William wasn't able to hear the gossips or he might have puked out a mouthful of blood by now.

"Welcome Xiao Juetian", A voice resounded as an old man waled out in large strides.

"It is a pleasure my king", Although Xiao Juetian said that there was a vicious intent hidden within the depths of his eyes.

William rolled his eyes he looked at the two greeting each other with forced smiles.

Ignoring the good-for-nothing king and his scheming father, William looked around the hall and saw a variety of sects which appeared in the starting phase of the novel.

'White dress and all females... that's definitely Frozen Cloud Asgard.....", William thought as he looked at the group standing silently in a corner.

Perhaps noticing his gaze, Feng Qianhui the Grand Mistres of Frozen Cloud Asgard looked back at him.

Seeing her action, William passed her a smile as an innocent look appeared on his face.

"Did something happen Grand Mistress?", A disciple asked in confusion as she saw Feng Qianhui looking away.

"Nothing.....", Feng Qianhui said in a small voice as she looked at the small kid standing beside the Xiao families patriarch.

'Am I just too tense these days?', Feng Qianhui thought as she remembered the chill she felt for a moment there.

Silently William retracted his vision and looked ahead and saw that a little girl has appeared behind the emperor.

Looking at the girl whose features matched the Emperor's, William didn't have to think much as he concluded that she must be Lan Xueruo.

"Enjoy your stay then", The emperor sais as he quickly left showing how unwilling he was to talk to the Xiao family's patriarch.

A cold smile hung on Xiao Juetian's face as he looked at the emperor's back.

"Let's go", Xiao Juetian said as he walked at a corner with the Xiao family members following behind.

Looking at the hall, William noticed that each of the four great sects were standing at different corner as if they have unanimously decided to take one corner each.

"Your majesty I have a suggestion.", Suddenly the elder from the Heavenly Sword Villa, the strongest of the four major sect walked in the middle of the hall and said.

"Since everyone is here, why don't we hold a little competition", The old man said with an amicable smile nut the sharpness in his gaze couldn't be hidden.

The emperor frowned as he heard the suggestion but knowing that the elder belonged to the heavenly sword villa, he didn't date to refuse and nodded his head.

"Great", The elder laughed in a loud voice as the disciples behind him started moving.

A variety of weapons were brought by the disciples as they were one by one placed neatly on the centre of the hall.

As everyone was wondering what the elder from the heavenly sword villa was upto, the elder spoke.

"Let us see who is the most promising child from the younger generation of the Blue Wind Empire."