Chapter-5

After killing the Purgatory Flame Demon, The burning world around William disappeared as he returned back to the dark space.

In the dark space the burning eyes of the Phoenix once again appeared above William.

The Phoenix God's spirit scanned William's body and was dumbfounded to find out that there wasn't even as much as a scratch left on his body.

'But he dosen't even practise [The Great Way Of Buddha] then how?', Confusion filled Phoenix spirit's eyes, Just as she was about to ask about the anomaly.

"The second trial."

William beat her to it.

"Start the second trial."

"..."

Staring at William who had such a casual attitude, Phoenix God's spirit decided to wait till the end of the trial before questioning him.

"Starting the second trial Arrow Of The Phoenix.", Phoenix's spirit shouted on a majestic voice as the dark world around William started to distort.

In an instant the dark world was replaced by a dry desert.

Looking around the barren desert, William tried to remember about the trial from the novel.

'What was the trial again?'.

Just as William was thinking.

*shree*

A red dot flashed pass his eyes at a speed faster than William's eyes could follow.

Blood splashed in the air.

'Oh I remember now.', William came to a realisation as he saw his right arm fly off in the air.

Putting strength in his legs, William jumped in the air.

As soon as he jumped, Countless flame arrows covered the place where he was a moment ago.

Looking down at the flame arrows, William who was in mid-air extended his left hand grabbing his right arm which was detached a moment ago.

With quick movement, William placed the severed limb back in place.

In seconds the broken bone was healed and reattach followed by the veins, arteries, muscles...in less than five seconds William's arms was back in place.

"It's the trial in which I have to dodge the arrows." William said as he landed on the ground.

*Pierce*

"hup", Blood came out of William's mouth as he looked down at the flame arrow coming out of his stomach.

With a frown, William took out the arrow as blood gushed out from his stomach.

Holding the flame arrow, Just as William was about to break it.

*Pierce*Pierce*Pierce*

Three more flame arrows appeared, Neatly piercing through his shoulder and legs.

But those weren't all.

A frown appeared on William's face as he turned his head up and say thousands of flame arrows coming down on him from the sky.

Seeing the sky get covered by the countless arrows a glint passed through William's eyes.

-------------------------------------

Cracks started appearing in the desert world signalling the end of the second trial, within seconds the desert disappeared as the pitch black room once again covered the trial ground.