Chapter-4

With a calm look on his face, William looked at the burning eyes above.

"Cursed child, why have you come here." Phoenix asked in a majestic voice.

"I am here to take on the trial Phoenix God."

"..."

Silence enveloped the room as the Phoenix narrowed it's eyes at William.

[*Beep*]

[Warning! Warning! some unknown power is trying to read host's memories.]

[Coming up with the best way to counter....]

[*Beep*]

[Using 500 divine points to hide host's memories]

William's facial expression didn't change as he looked at the messages from the corner of his eyes.

"You.....a mere tenth level of elementary profound realm wants to challenge the phoenix trial?." The Phoenix's voice sounded amused as if it has heard the joke of the century.

"Return now and I will think that you never stepped foot on the trial grounds in the first place." Phoenix said as it closed it's eyes.

Not moving an inch, William stood on the same place as he gazed at the place where the Phoenix's eyes disappeared.

Having no intention of moving, William kept waiting.

Seconds turned into minutes and minutes turned into hours.

Time continued to tickle by but neither William nor the Phoenix spirit showed any sign of moving.

Silently five days passed by.

Without food and water, Fèng bǎichuān's's body started showing clear signs of malnutrition.

Dark spots could be seen under his eyes, his lips has turned dry and his healthy body from before now excludes an aura of weakness.

*Shiver*

Perhaps it was because of not eating anything for days, Fèng bǎichuān's's legs started shaking too tired to stand straight.

Yet his eyes were clear without a hint of doubt in them.

*Sigh*

Suddenly a sigh with mixed feelings resounded through the dark space.

"Cursed child...."

"Why do you want to sacrifice yourself?" Phoenix asked in an annoyed voice.

Looking at the burning eyes above, William parted his dry lips and said.

"I want to challenge the Phoenix God's trial."

"..."

The Phoenix God's spirit silently stared at the man in front of it.

She has already looked into the memories of this Fèng bǎichuān and know that there is nothing special about the man.

Below average talent and with the curse that she had placed on the tribe, It is already his limit to have reached tenth level of elementary profound realm.

Looking at the dark red mark on Fèng bǎichuān's forehead, mixed feeling surged in her heart.

The Phoenix's spirit has long started regretting her decision of that time.

Thinking of the curse an idea came into Phoenix spirit's mind.

"How about this...."

"Because of your determination I shall release the curse on your bloodline?"