Chapter-23

After glancing at the dozen or so kids inside the cage, William once again started looking around the room trying to find something that might pique his interest.

'Hmm rusted chains hanging from the ceiling, small holes on the wall and a disgusting scent coming from who knows where.....sigh seems preety normal.....', Unfortunately he was disappointed as there was nothing much out of the ordinary in this cellar.

'....I mean the underground cellars of my soma familia were way more classic and cooler than this....tsk this guy has no style'

*tap*tap*

While William was wondering to himself, small footsteps made their way towards him, but as if he sensed that the person was of no threat, William decided to ignore it.

After standing right behind William, the person stopped and called out in a quivering voice.

"D-don't be s-scared"

Extending her skinny hand, the little girl patted William's shoulder as she tried to say in a soothing voice.

"D-don't worry t-the guards will definitely c-come and save us."

It was hard to say who she was trying to convince or the new kid with that shaking voice.

"Worry not if we are together then we can definitely get out of here", Her eyes glowed with a tiny light, probing that she was different from the other kids, she has not given up like the others atleast not yet.

"So---"

Suddenly William turned around and stared right at the little girl who was about the same height as him.

Staring seriously at the girl with brown hair and her face covered in dirt, William said.

"You stink."

"..."

---------------------------

[New Moon City, Entrance no.2]

"Next one",The same guard A who let William pass before shouted at the next in line to come up.

"Hm you may go in",Taking the fee, the guard A quickly send the couple inside as he signalled for the next in line to come up.

"Hey look at there", Guard B said as he pointed at a the senior officer quickly rushing towards their post.

"Did we messed up something?", Guard B asked in a slightly anxious voice as he saw that the boss was undoubtedly coming towards them.

"I don't know", Although Guard A said that in a calm voice, on the inside he was also feeling slightly anxious.

Just as both of them were making thein own assumptions, their boss arrived and said in a hurried voice.

"Have any of you seen this kid enter the gate", Without waiting for them, the captain quickly showed them the photo of William which was sketched not long ago.

"This..."

The picture was well drawn and a child as beautiful as William was hard to miss in the first place that is why it didn't even take a second for Guard A to connect the dots.

"What, do you know something?", Showing aside Guard B, the captain grabbed Guard A by his shoulders.

"That.....", With an expression that said he didn't know wheather to laugh or cry, Guard A recited what happened before.

After listening to the guards report, the captain quickly send a message to the higher ups and in no time everyone was informed of the matter.

"Search the entire entertainment district!!!",Xiao Tiannan shouted as soon as he heard the news.