Chapter 1

Swayam trotted down the stairs and directly went to Taani's room to pick her up for college. When the door didn't open after knocking thrice, he peeped in to check on her. But the room sat empty. "Are Swayam baba… Taani beti toh college ke liye nikal chuki hai… usne bola ki apko batadu…" Kaka who came with few parcels to place in Taani's room sought Swayam and informed him. "Itni jaldi? Lekin…." Never did Swayam and Taani went together to college except for one or two times. But today, it was different. He was extremely concerned for her. He wanted to be with her if at all something serious happened at college. After all the public humiliation she faced, it's obvious people would talk about it. And that disturbed him. He wondered what got into Taani. Normally, she wouldn't leave her room in such situations and now, she directly walked into the cage. "Ha …baba… Taani bitiya ne bola ki uska Toda kaam reh Gaya... Aur isiliye wo jaldi nikal gayi…" Kaka filled him more. Kaam? NDC was over. They had won. And it was all because of her struggle and support, mainly. Then what else work did she had to go so early in the morning? "Teek hai… Kaka... Mein… chalta Hoon" Swayam would go and find out. Before he reached out, his cell buzzed with a message. He scanned the notification and smiled at the sender name.

Hey Swayam,

Hope you are fine.😁 I have some good news to share with you. Our institute in London wants to collaborate with students from college. And guess what?🤔St. Louis has been opted to trail out😛 I'm coming back to India very soon… probably even sooner than I expect😬 It's been so long, I haven't seen you all….😌 I can't wait to meet you🤗 See you soon…..

******

Taani sat in a conference room preparing Excel sheets of few things. She came early to the college so that she could complete the unfinished business and submit it to VP. Her thoughts were going back and forth to all the recklessness happened yesterday. She knew tantrums would be thrown at her. She was ready to face it. She was more than happy to let everyone know that she couldn't be condemned by anyone's view on her.

Since it was already 9 AM, the college would start sooner. So, she took printouts and left the room. As she walked in the corridors of the college, students were huddled in groups as normal. She breathed a sigh of relief when no one noticed her. When she just thought everyone have forgotten the past events, it wasn't over so soon.….

"Kaisi ladki hai yaar ye… Iski kudka BF uskesaath breakup karliya because she wants to be a housewife" two of the girls chuckled.

"Rey deserves better" a guy scoured her from bottom to top disgustingly.

"Koi bi ladki itni desperate kaise ho sakte hai…yaar" one more girl from the other huddle bobbed her head in pity.

Taani's hands fisted automatically. She clenched her teeth. If she thought she didn't care, she was absolutely wrong. It prickled her heart like never before. She had an experience of this kind of brutality by students in this city. Still, that experience was never enough to accept the hurt it created mentally. Tears consumed but she pushed back forcefully. She wouldn't waste a drop of tear in the name of these bullies. Few words is all it took to shut them. But Taani wasn't going to argue. She would answer them in their own way.

"Itna sab kuch hone ke baad bi… ye kaise…." A guy started to continue the nonsense but someone wasn't going to let them complete him.

"Enough" Sharon stood with the gang (excluding ReYam). The guy who was blabbering stopped at her order. Sharon gazed Taani and unknown guilt chewed her back. She was also a part of trouble in Taani's paradise.

"Koi chup Karne se Sach jhoot nahi ho jayega" one of the mean girl wasn't afraid to surpass Sharon's order. 

"Ab ap sabka bolna hogaya toh... Mein jaau…" it was Taani this time. She clearly looked miffed and irritated more than angry. When her own people had backstabbed her, she snapping at them didn't made sense. Everyone looked at her in wonder. They were sure not expecting Taani to be so calm and composed. Sharon was surprised. And others among the gang murmered in low voice. Without waiting for an answer or a taunt from anyone, Taani walked away without giving a damn.