Chapter 55

"Bhai…" Taani mumbled, hoping atleast he wasn't angry on her. Swayam hiked his head at her. He wasn't annoyed. But was definitely worried for her and Rey. Rey looked outright furious and probably, he understood. He smiled a bit and tousled her hair. "It's okay... Taani…" His words sent a bit of relief. "Tumhe Jo sahi laga, wo tumne Kiya hai… But.." he paused, slanting towards the quiet gang. "Tumhe pata hai na… yahanse dance ban remove hone Tak... humara Rasta alag honewala hai…"

Taani gulped. She knew. She dipped her head. Rithwik and Wahi just watched this unusual behavior of everyone with Taani. Gang looked at each other. They couldn't understand why all of them were behaving as if they encountered the hidden enemies.

******

Rey sat alone in fire exit, clutching his hands so hard that if you looked closely, the muscles made a sound. A kind of deep temper burned in him. All he wanted was a happy life with dance, his friends and love. But, here it went again. He still couldn't understand why would Taani even accept something that went against his belief? Or didn't she cared enough of his likes?

The door to the fire exit opened and Rey's eyes snapped in alert. His back was to Taani but the moment Taani stepped in and closed the door behind, he knew she was the one. He wasn't really in a mood to talk, right now. He stormed up, to go out but Taani blocked him. He averted his eyes. She ached to get his attention. But he wasn't giving one.

"Rey… mujhe baat karni hai aapse…" She pleaded. His eyes flashed the raging temper. And she winced. "Ab baat karne ko hai Kya, Taani… Tujhe Jo karna ta… tumne Kiya... Ab mujhe Jo karna hai... Mein karunga" His face filled with outrageous anger. His foot turned towards door. "Ab aap Meri baat bi nahi sunoge?" She spoke and he halted. Both were standing side by side in the opposite direction. Taani tilted her head to see him hobble back just by her words. Even amidst of the misunderstandings they carried, he stopped to listen to her. "Bolo?" He careened as she did the same. Both of them gaped each other. Just before hours, they were in the same place, romancing each other. And now...

"Rey... Meine ye GS position jaan bujkar nahi li hun…" She spoke truth. "Per liya toh haina…" He stepped forward, backing her to the wall. "Ha… per…" She couldn't even finish her sentence as he pounced on her. "Per Kya? Kya?" Taani's back hit the wall and Rey moved to her personal space. "Humesha ki tarah mere against kadi ho gayi… tum jaanti bi ho… jabse dance ban ka pata Chala hai… mein tumhe kitna miss Kiya hun…" He held her shoulders. "Pura team mere sahare ka intezaar Kar Raha hai… lekin mein… tumhara saath chahta ta… I wanted you to be with me in this…" He dipped his fingers in her skin.

"Rey…" one hand of her cupped his cheek. "Mein humesha apke saath hi hun.. aaj bi mein apke saath hun… abi bi mein apke saath hi kadi hun…" Her words trembled.

"Jhoot…" His words sliced through her. "agar saath kadi hoti toh… tum ye GS position kabhi accept nahi karti…"

Taani's heart broke at his words. He refused to accept her decision. And now when she had decided already, she couldn't step back. Nor she would. "Aisa mat boliye, Rey… Mein ye GS position chahke nahi li hun… Mera bi majboori hai…"

"Really…" his face hovered inch away. "Aisa kaunsa majboori hai, Taani? Kyunki mujhe toh samaj mein nahi aa Raha..." He paused. "Tumhe ache se pata hai… mein dance ban remove Karne ke liye kisi bi had Tak jaa sakta hun…KISI BI…"

"Jaanti hun…" she whispered.

"Nahi… tum samaj nahi rahe ho… Ye tumhara GS post accept karna matlab…tum… mera har koshish ka musibath banogi…" He explained.

"Pata hai, Rey." She wasn't going to give up on the things she was willing to do.

"Pata hai toh ye bi tumhe shayad pata hoga… Hum dono saath mein nahi… alag alag padaav per Kade hai… bilkul ek dusre ke against…" he grit his teeth.