Chapter 27

The stage was all set for the fest. People came from different parts of India to take part in. Performances began from the day light. First day was dedicated to dance teams came from various regions. Dazzlers and Dynamites performances were in the night and they were gearing up in the dressing rooms.

"Oh Gosh.… Did you see the crowd?" Simmi exhaled, putting a blush on her cheeks.

"It's way bigger than the last time we performed?" Vicky gave a dreamy look.

"Really?" Surbhi asked in excitement. It was her first time to participate in such a event especially in India, Goa. She was born and grown up in London though her parental roots were from India. She always loved her country and had dreamed to live in this land. Fortunately, the God has been kind to her. Her wish was fulfilled though one day she had to return back to London. Overall, she was thrilled to be here.

"Yes… last time jab hum aaye the... Wo kuch bi nahi ta iske saamne… Now, the mob is very high…" Nil commented.

"Shayad humara performance tak aur bi bad jaayega…" Amar mused.

Kriya was quiet remembering her footloose competition and several occasions where she had shared the stage with her team, weaklings. It was nostalgic. Everything has been drastically changed in her life. Once upon a time she and Rey struggled to unite dazzlers and weaklings. Then, she had gone and they were together. Then again, the team had separated just because of the personal ego clashes. She felt bad for Swayam and Rey. She had been a real proof of their hard work in combining those old teams to make a solid D3. She wished Vicky, Nilesh, Simmi and Bharath understood how much Rey and Swayam loved them. She expected to be a part of D3 team when she came back. But things were so absurd and she ended up with Surbhi making a new team. She was still happy.

On the other hand, Vicky, Nilesh, Simmi and Bharath looked sullen. They were enlivened yet missed their friends. They were okay being in dynamites group in the beginning. But later on, the comprehension of their decision lightened in them. Today's night would be the first performance they did without D3 team. And it just made them overwhelmed.

******

"Guys... All set?" Sharon stood, hands on hips. Dazzlers were assembled in the corridor of dressing hall assigned to the performers.

"Yes…" Neha and Rinni exclaimed. "Hum pehli baal Vicky, Nil, Bahalath, Simmi ke Bina dance Kal lage hai..." Amar smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. Rey and Swayam looked at each other. They looked phlegmatic. They weren't vocal but deep down they missed performing as a group D3. Sharon looked despondent. But it wasn't time to ponder. She has to be sensible. All of them needed an emotional confidence to perform.

"Guys..." She walked to them. "Soon everything will be alright.…." She smiled. "I believe un logonko bahut jaldi apna mistake ka ehsaas ho jayega… we will be back together… stronger.… Lekin tab tak… we cannot just lose our confidence…"

"Per... Sharon... baat toh sahi haina… hum log babu, Nil, simmi, Amar ke Bina perform karenge?" Neha saddened. Rinni put a hand on her shoulder.

Sharon knew the team was broken and the reunite may or may not happen any sooner. But she wasn't going to let these bunch suffer. Rey was dejected. He had dreamt of D3 along with his friends and today the same D3 was no more. It just disheartened him. It was always on him. His friends. His love. Once he had done a mistake of choosing his friends over his love. Not a mistake but he hadn't balanced out his love life and friendship life. And now, yet again he was in the same position. He was very much hurt when they spoke nonsense about Taani and he had lashed at them. He never expected that they would leave him and his team just for talking some sense into them. But, whatever the things happened, he wouldn't leave his friends for anything. Nor his love. They maybe angry on him but he hadn't lost a hope. Time would definitely answer his prayers.