Chapter 47

The Shekawat Mansion was in utter darkness as Taani and Rey returned back precisely 1 hour post midnight. Though Rey wanted Taani for all himself to enjoy the quality time with her, he knew others had planned something for her and all were waiting for their comeback. Hence, he quickly took her back.

The minute Taani hopped out of the car and landed a foot on the lawn, lights blared around the house, twinkling in gold, blue, red, blue, green and orange colors. It was fascinating to behold. She turned towards Rey in surprise. He just smiled holding her hand and dragging her inside. Rey stayed behind her while she entered first.

Heap of red balloons showered on her as loud cheers of "Happy Birthday" cooed by everyone. Taani blinked furiously and her heart leapt in fondness. House was completely decorated with fringe ribbons. And she breathed at the exurbant beauty of it. These people were really going to make her cry. First, it was Rey. Now, it was them. She was still rolling in the exceptional surprise Rey had given. And here these people took so much of struggle to surprise her. Probably, this was the most favorite birthday of her. She smiled as her Tauji and Taiji stepped forward first, embracing her with wishes. Then came, Mihir and Manini squeezing her in a warmth. Manini kissed her cheek wishing her as Mihir blessed, caressing her cheek. Followed by Swayam, Karan. Rey just stood there feeling the tenderness of her smile and happiness. He never appreciated how beautiful she looked while she laughed and giggled through joy at his people. He couldn't help but let his lips wide as he watched his parents mollycoddling her. They loved her. And that has to be the best feeling of watching his girl loved by two most important of his life.

Kunal dashed in pulling Taani into a hug amidst of other. And Rey's smile faltered. He was suppose to be Taani's best friend but whenever he closed in on her, he felt like whacking him back into the supernova zone. But he quitened not willing to make a scene. After all it was Taani's birthday and she deserved every second of smile pestered on her lips.

Zoya thwarted Kunal away as she pulled Taani into a hug cooing silently in Taani's ear which made her blush. And Rey suppressed a knowing smile. Then came Surbhi, Kriya, Neha, Rinni, Simmi and Sharon at last in girls. He didn't miss the beat of formalness between Sharon and Taani. Because Taani hugged everyone but not Sharon. She just smiled and accepted her wish rather than going all cuddly. Then the boys were in line already. Rithwik and Wahi nuzzled her like a pack of wolves where Rithwik just squished Taani's hand while Wahi kissed Taani on her forehead. That should have made Rey burn like he felt watching Kunal with her. But no. He didn't feel that for Wahi. There was a perception toward him. Taani always shared her close bond with Rithwik, Wahi, Karan and Surbhi. Kriya was not in the option as she was his ex-gf and it made things awkward for her to talk about her with him. He didn't mind though. And he knew well to understand that she had really become closer to the four or maybe five people.

Then Vicky, Nil, Amar and Bharath wished her in their own funny way making Taani chuckle recklessly. And it was time for a celebration.

Taani was pulled into the swarm. A three layer chocolate cake decorated was perched on a table in the center. Rithwik sang "baar baar aaye" an old Hindi song as all others chorused along. Taani twitched in her place looking at everyone. She was damn content. Rishi prodded her to cut the cake and she did. Everyone looked curiously trying to know whom she fed the first piece. Though she caught Rey's eye, she fed the piece of cake first to her Taiji and Tauji following to Mihir and Manini.

Rithwik staggered Rey towards Taani as she fed the next piece to him, then to her brothers and followed by the rest. Boys screamed on top of their lungs as girls hooted for Taani. Rithwik and Wahi pasted the cream on Taani's face making her go wild. But damn did she care! Not at all. She was too happy to care about the cream plastering on her face. As everyone were shouting, Rey suddenly kissed her on the cheek where her skin was left clean and whispered"Happy Birthday". She blushed furiously turning to see if anyone watched them. Though she didn't see anyone watching them, Rey had seen Kunal's eyes popping out at him kissing her. Rey smirked as if he didn't care.