Chapter 2

"I cannot continue being a GS, sir... Please accept my resignation" Taani knew what she was doing.

"Taani…" VP didn't expect such a sudden decision. Taani had been a exemplary GS till date in St. Louis. She always rose her voice against the wrong. She never compromised even for her friends. She didn't hesitate to do any work given to her. She single handedly managed deadlines. She was one of the best student they have got in recent days. When all the students found a way to break the college rules, she was the only one who would want to follow it without any notification. And now she wanted to give up her position. "I don't understand… You are doing good as a GS… Infact, you have been the best…" he shook his head. "Now, why do you want to even resign?"

"Because I have other things to concentrate on, sir" Taani relied without blinking.

Gang watched her in surprise . Rey was bewildered to know why would Taani do that. Was it because of him? Was it because she has to be around him as a GS when he is AGS? He was so upset with her decision. At least she could have told him that she don't want to be around him. Would that have made him less hurt? No. It would have made him even more unhappy. But still he expected her to tell him, first. And wait… after everything why would Taani tell him anything. Swayam had no words at his sister's conclusion. He knew that she wasn't alright. But her resignation was a shocker.

"Ye sach mein resign Kar rahi hai Kya?" Vicky murmered to Nil. "Shayad yaar… Humare liye acche din aa rahe hai…" nil whispered back. Vicky was about to retaliate sometimes but stopped when he caught Sharon glaring at both.

"Matlab?" VP couldn't risk losing her as GS.

"Sir, meine GS apne mehnat se nahi bani ti… My name was been suggested n I became GS…" Taani finally let out the actual reason. Something prickled Rey when she made that statement. "I mean… I didn't become a GS through voting by students of this college…. Phir bi… I tried my best sir… but I think… I can no longer continue this… Jab bi mein GS banke kuch kaam Karne jaati hun, people treat me as if I'm being bossy…" She for the first time voiced the truth of her closed ones in a unanyomous way. "Kuch bi bolti hun toh… logon ko lagta hai ki mere mein bahut attitude aa Gaya hai… aur unhe lagta hai ki mein is chakkar mein apne apko bahut badi samaj rahi hu… phir bi I tried doing it, sir… Log bolte hi hai… n I have proved enough them to know where I stand today… lekin ab I can't sir… I can't because I need extra time to focus on myself… aur mein wo waqt kisi aur chees mein barbad nahi karna chahti hun… Please understand…" she pleaded him to know where she's coming from.

"Taani… I understand your concern…shayad hi tum GS aise hi bangayi ho… lekin you have showed everyone that you were capable of that position…" VP paused for a while. "N luckily, I do even understand your state of mind probably… Still I want you to think about it once more… take a day or two… then you can come to a decision. Because right now, I can't afford this. I can't replace someone better than you" VP stated.

"I'm sorry sir. But I'm very clear about this. Mujhe sochne ke liye aur time nahi chahiye….. Please, accept it" Taani was a tough nut to crack.

VP turned towards the gang. They all watched him in anguished expressions.

"Sir, I'll back out as an AGS… Probably tab Taani ko GS rehne mein problem nahi hoga" Rey's jaw locked while he spoke. Others from the gang looked at him in horror. "Iska koi zarurat nahi hai, sir" Taani was immediate to respond. She wasn't going to bait for his actions. It was her decision to step out and he had no reason to take the blame on himself. "This is my decision, sir. Kisiko isme interfere karne ki koi zarurat nahi hai". A fling of hurt hit Rey.

"Well... Taani… I cannot forcefully make you work, right…." VP was seriously fed up of these fickleness. VP had observed Taani's aloofness from the gang, already. During the NDC times. But he didn't know what went wrong between them except for Rey's drunker video going viral.

"I'll accept it. But at least can you help me with something else for few days?" He asked. She nodded without a pause. She never turned away of showing gratitude. "A team of 5 people will be coming from London to St. Louis this week. All 5 of them will be joining the college this year. But they are mainly here to learn and analyse the cultural Dept activities. They may even opt different fields for their study term to check with the depts… If their feedback at the end of the term is positive, London institute will collaborate with our college giving an opportunity for our students to make a professional career out of it. Like dance, singing, drama…many other… all I want is you to assist these 5 for few days until they get comfortable here…" VP finished.

"I'll do it, sir…" Taani was clean and clear with her response. "Thank you… and I guess..." VP turned towards the gang once again "until we find someone… Rey, please take up the charge of GS duties… soon AGS will be assigned to you" he declared.

******

Taani walked down the stairs as soon as she came out of the principal's room. She was scared. But she did it. She never wanted to leave the GS post as it connected Rey close to her. But that was long ago. Now, all she wanted was to go far away from him.

There were students sitting on the stairs. Everywhere around the college, people were in groups except for her. She felt so lonely. Alone. No one to lend a shoulder to her sorrows. How ironic the life was? Days before she was safely cocooned in Rey's embrace and now… everything had changed so drastically. She sat on the lower third step watching students around her, flipping her cellphone in hand.

"Taani" Swayam sat beside her. "Bhai" She looked up to him. "Tum teek ho?" He asked her. "Ha Bhai... Mein bilkul teek hun….." she panicked before saying those words. It wasn't the truth. But she wasn't going to bother him with her problems. "Mujhe nahi pata tum kyun GS post ko resign kardiya, Taani. I'm sure kuch toh reason hoga… lekin, Taani… agar kuch bi problem hai toh tum mujhse share Kar sakte ho… u know that, right?" He searched her eyes. She wasn't sure whether he meant it. Because he said the same Everytime. But when she actually wanted to share sometimes, he never gave her a choice. She nodded reluctantly. He side hugged her, hoping that she would get back to herself from the things which had pulled her down. Also, there was a pinch of guilt embedded in him. If the situation between Rey n Taani is so serious now, he was afraid what it would become when she came back.

******

"She don't even want to see me, Sharon." Rey punched his hand on the wall as the gang(except Swayam who warned them to not follow him as he was going to talk to her sister) assembled in rehearsal hall. "Rey" Sharon screamed as she held his hand to check for any broken bones or blood on it. Fortunately, there were none. "Tum Pagal ho Gaye ho?" She yelled at him. She understood he was angry. But sometimes his actions frightened her. "Hum koi bi nahi jaante Taani ne kyun resign Kiya hai… tum kyun soch rahe ho ki ye sab tumhare wajahse hi Kar rahi hai" she reprimanded him. "Kyunki… mein jaanta hun usko… wo Mera shakal Tak nahi dekna chahti hai" he grit his teeth as his heart hurt like a thousand needles. This emotion was deeper than he ever felt for anyone. And it was killing him to stay far from her.

"Kya bakwas Kar Raha hai tu, Rey" it was Vicky's turn to reproach his friend. "Acha hai ab wo GS nahi hai… tu kyun itna devdas ki tarah pagla raheho… bahut acha hai ki wo ab tumhari life mein nahi hai… warna tumhare peeche hi nahi chodti… aur tu bhul Gaya Kya usi ladki ne tumhara dance ko tumse cheena ta… tu phir bi Taani Taani kyun Kar Raha hai…" he was probably not understanding the seriousness of the situation. Nil tried to hold him back, but he was non stop. Rey's jaw ticked and he moved so swiftly. He was holding Vicky's collar and sneering at him. "Shut up, Vicky… shut up…" he roared and left him sighing in disgust. "Taani ne mujhe dance se dur nahi Kiya ta… she was just trying to make me understand that her priority of us being together was first. Lekin I couldn't understand" he turned away from them. He made Taani feel guilty about her actions. But honestly, he could understand every single action of her, now. But late realisation had cost him severe. "Aur kabardar agar koi uske baare mein kuch bi bola toh… don't forget ki Taani ne mujhe choda hai… mein nahi…" he walked away.

******

Author's Note:

Hope you liked the chapter. New faces n some old faces will be introduced in the next chapter. I'm sure, few had guessed already. But I have stored something for you all. Soon you will see the changing Dynamics with Taani n her own set of people. Gang is going to witness some hardships. What shall I do with Swayam and Sharon involving in TaaRey's breakup? Do suggest. I can't let them go free Scot. They too need to.learn to respect people's own choices. And Rey, he will be redeeming himself in a very unique way. So stay tuned you all.

Anyway, let me know your views. Please vote and comment.