Chapter 6

Taani held a letter & hurried at the down corner at college. She suddenly stumbled into someone spiralling her paper down.

"Oh… I'm..." Karan was the one on whom she lose her balance while walking… "I'm so sorry, Taani… are u alright?" He was also in a haste on the way to meet Surbhi, only stopped by the sudden imbalance of their strike to each other.

"It's ok… kuch nahi hua hai…" she smiled. But her eyes were searching for the paper she held in her hand before minutes.

Karan rechecked her gaze and he started to look on the ground. He caught a paper lying to the left side of Taani. He moved forward and collected the paper. "Shayad isko dund rahi ho tum…" he held the paper to her. She sighed in relief and forwarded her hand to receive it. But Karan retrieved the paper back as he saw the word 'FLUKE'. Taani opened her mouth to argue. But he had already retrieved the paper & was reading the letter.

"Are you serious, Taani?" He wore an astonished expression. "Wo…." She struggled to answer it. She didn't wanted people to know about it until she joined. "You have been selected into one of the best Fashion Designing Company, Taani… I mean…" his smile was warm. That wasn't hostile. He genuinely felt happy for her. "Congratulations….."

"And this calls for a celebration…" his smile deepened. "Thank you…" Taani was happy to see someone being so positive towards her small achievement. "Waise… you know… FLUKE design company is one of the best… not just in Mumbai… but the whole India… I have been a show topper of a fashion show in one of their events a year back…" he shared a piece of his achievement related to the industry. "Waise… I'm really surprised to know that you belong to the same field as mine… though not totally…" he was non-stop. "But I really want to ask you… abi toh college chal Raha hai… aur kaam… kaise manage karoge?" He was actually interested in her answer.

"Sach batau…" she scrunched up her face innocently. He nodded. "Mujhe nahi pata… lekin… I didn't expect, I will be selected with just my interview…" she was honest. "When I use to stay in Jodhpur… mere saare wahanka dost use to come to me for a fashion advice. Though I later understood… the fashion I knew was utter nonsense when I came to Mumbai… But pehlese ek junoon ta… I use to make several designs on the paper…. Up until now… though I haven't shared with anyone about this… Yahanke logon ko dekake, I always assumed my art wasn't gonna sustain here…" for the first time she shared this secret with him. It was as if she know that he's the only person who would understand her dilemma. And fortunately, he did understood.

"Lekin abi … I don't want to hold my passion back… kisine Mera WAJOOD per sawal utaya hai… n I want to prove them wrong. More than that, I want to prove myself… that I'm capable of having a dream… working hard towards it… n finally getting success in it…" her face fell as she spoke those words. She was being little harsh on herself. But that was needed. Someone had opened her eyes to look beyond.

Karan was quiet all the while observing her. He could literally feel the pain and hurt enunciating from her each word. He neither knew the reason. Nor he would ask her. But what he would do is… support her decision. She maybe the girl whom he knew for just a day. But she was bonafide.

"I'm sorry… Mein kuch bi bole jaa rahi hun…" she was embarrassed. "Taani…" He was very clear in his head. "What's your plan then? Do you have any target? I mean… Do you have any proper set up plan?" He asked. She was surprised at his involvement. "I do… I do want to open my own boutique..." She slyly answered. "That's good. But that's not the answer… That's the only part of the answer. And I guessed already you will have something like that in your mind. I want to know whether you want to open a boutique just as a buisness deal or do you want to achieve something out of it?" He left no place for confusions.