Chapter 51

There was still a day free for the gang before they went to have meeting with VP at college. Hence, they all decided to chill out at Rey's place.

Vicky and Neha were bickering about the movie they planned to watch. Sharon and Swayam sat hand in hand deeply immersed in their own world. Rinni and Amar were sprawling cards to play, occasionally blushing at each other. Whereas Simmi and Nil were laughing out watching something in their phone. Only Bharath slided on the couch snoring as if none existed. Rey stood watching them. Everyone were busy with their girls and some of them were even not in a relationship. And here he was. Standing all alone even when he had a beautiful GF with whom he was dying to spend time. Though he was physically present in Mumbai, his thoughts were all back in Jodhpur. Maybe he was yet pissed at Taani for abandoning him, he couldn't help but miss her. There wasn't a day, he had stayed away from her from the day he had met her. And suddenly this distance was clouding his rationality. He was feeling the same intense exasperation he felt during her absence in the basketball competition. How he wished to go back to her room in the same way through the savior window! Frustrated at his thoughts, he went inside the kitchen to check with Kaka for the lunch arrangement.

"Rey…" Vicky's voice boomed from the hall. He wasn't even inside for 5 minutes. "Rey… aana idar" it was Nil's voice next. Rey sighed and went out again to see what the hell went wrong with them. When last time he saw them, they were basked in the glory of having company of their girls. "Kya hai, guys?" His tone was irritated. Vicky and Nil wasn't in their usual place where he saw them before minutes. Instead, they were at the door.

"Rey… tumhare liye kuch aaya hai…" Nil and Vicky exchanged a sarcastic smile. "Wow…." Sharon and other girls got up as their focus went on the thing in Vicky's hand. "Ye kisne beja hai?" Sharon looked at Rey. He was as astonished as others. "Yaha toh letter bi hai" Swayam eyed him suspiciously. He really had no idea who would send this. "Koi secret lover hoga?" Simmi grinned. Rey rolled his eyes. "I don't have any idea" He wasn't having his luck with his own GF and here these people were tagging a secret lover! Had hai! He thought. "Lo… open toh Karo.… Ye tumhara gift hai…" Vicky shoved the beautiful bouquet of vermillion orchid flowers and white roses with bunch of dark chocolates fixed in it. And as Swayam said there was envelope tucked in the bouquet.

How come orchids? And dark chocolates? How does anyone even know about his love towards orchids and white roses, which was known only to his mom. Since she always used these flowers in all the decorations in the house or any parties Singhanias conducted. Especially during Rey's birthdays in childhood. He was really elated realizing it would have been his mom. And then again, he just met his mother in Jodhpur. Then this?"Letter toh open karke read, Rey" Neha insisted. He pulled the envelope and opened it to find a cute greeting card with golden and red abstracts and a message inside it which had just had three sentences.

SORRY!
THANK YOU FOR SMILING!
I MISS YOU!

Rey's heart filled with those first time butterflies. A known blush crept on his face as he read those three sentences again and again. He couldn't stop smiling.

"Aisa Kya hai is letter mein?" Sharon plucked the card out of his hand. "Sharon…" Rey tried to pull back. "Give it back…" He raced her as she ran away to read it. Fortunately, he plunked it away from her hand and crammed it close to his chest. "Rey… tu blush Kar Raha hai…" Rinni mentioned and his cheeks went even beetroot red. He didn't really care that he was flushing like a teenage kid. A freaking teenage kid. "Kahi ye… Taani ne nahi beja?" Vicky exchanged a glance at Nil. Swayam looked alert. And hence Nil smiled to act it out. "Taani kyun bejegi… Rey toh Taani se Kal hi milata na… kya itni jaldi Taani isko miss Kar rahi hai…" Nil sounded unsure. Rey looked at them. But he didn't answer. Just looking at the handwriting he had understood the gift was sent by Taani. And there was no need for him to shout and tell them.