Chapter 30

Note:

The stanzas mentioned in bold are related to the act performed by dramatics team.

Taani paced in the dressing room while Wahi mused at her critically. She was doing the same from past half n hour.

"Taani…" He bawled at loss of words. "Tum… aur kitna time aise hi walk karogi… Humara performance todi der mein start ho jaayega"

"Well... Tum usko kyun itna Suna rahe ho…" Rithwik entered the room along with Karan, Surbhi, Kriya and Hina.

Taani knew she wasn't taking Wahi's motivation seriously. Because she was hell afraid. She had never performed on stage with audience like this. She may have performed under 20 to 30 spectators but not before the thousands. Though she had agreed to do this for Wahi, now when came to think of it she was really losing her confidence. And she was also thankful that others came to her rescue before Wahi could all turn serious. She knew how important the performance was. They weren't just going to represent dramatics team from the college. There was a purpose behind it. Only knew to her, Wahi and another one.

"Taani… nervous ho tum?" Karan came to her aid. He held her shoulders. She nodded, twitching her lips. "Are Taani .. tum bindaas karoge… Hume pata hai…" Surbhi consoled. "Ha… Aur performance se pehle Jo nervousness hota hai…wo ache ke liye hota hai… it keeps you grounded and you can perform better…" Hina came to her as Karan held her in a side hug. She smiled. And caught Kriya's gaze. Then both of them looked at Wahi. There was a silent message between them.

"Look… who's here?" Rithwik clapped as Rey stood near the room thinking whether to get inside or not. He looked embrassed at their knowing giggles. But he was fine with it unless they gave him some alone time with Taani. Taani looked at him and he stared her back. The morning details still etched in their memory. She had slept on the rock chair in the night since Rey was on bed. But morning when she woke up, She was on the other side of the bed where Rey was no where to be found. There was a quick letter beside her bedside table with a glass of lemon water on it. She had read it thousand times.

"Hey, sweetheart…
I'm going back to the room since Swayam had called me to meet him.
Aur utake ye socho mat tum bed per kaise aa Gaye ho… meine hi tumko waha sulaya… and don't worry… I left the moment I made you sleep on the bed. Aur ha… tumhare liye nimbu Pani bijwayi hun..  peelena… tumhara sar duk Raha hoga…"

She had blushed all the way remembering everything happened between them in the night. Though it wasn't anything too much, she just couldn't control the crimson creeping up on her cheeks. As Rey had mentioned, her head really hurt when she had woke up and hence she sipped the lemon water in a go thanking Rey for his concern. She had no proper sleep and her performance was tonight. She needed good sleep to be in a right frame to present. She cursed her spiked drinks. That was horrible and she vaguely remembered the antics of all the girls. That was horrifying. Because boys had been their rescuers. If not for them, she wasn't even sure where they would have ended up. She quickly made a call to Wahi and learnt that everyone were safely secured  in their rooms and he had suggested her to take a long nap.

"Ayiye…ayiye…apika intezaar hai…" Hina teased Rey.  "Ab humara yaha kaunsa kaam hai…" Surbhi smirked. Kriya looked between Rey and Taani. They were blushing. She just smiled at them. She was really getting over Rey or she was making herself to concentrate on better things than being the third wheel of awkwardness between them.

"Guys... Mein toh sirf usko wish Karne Aya hun…" Rey defended against their ragging. "Ha ..ha… hum jaante hai… tu sirf usko wish hi karna chahte ho…" Wahi beamed at him. Taani passed a glare at Wahi. These people were seriously not letting a moment to mortify them. In a good way, obviously. "Toh Chalo... Hum sab log chalte hai, Bahar... Aur Rey, Taani ko wish Karne ko todi space dete hai…" Karan was smart to pull others out. Though he was quite horrified to leave them alone, he understood. He wasn't as typical as Swayam behaved though he was very much posessive about Taani and her being his sister.