Chapter 69

Accommodations provided to SDC participants was a huge building surrounded with a big yard space. While front yard was filled with greenery, backyard was groomed to be an empty space. Also, there was a small stage setup outside for the residents to practice for the performances.

After an intense dance practice, gang glided into the open air at back yard. Several other teams were occupied the space. Few did running around the ground warming-up, few stood chitchatting and few others laughed together. Vicky and Nil caught the laughing gang remembering their own friends Amar and Bharath. Probably they would have been doing the same if they had been with them. Unfortunately, they weren’t here. And the more they caught boy buddies ganging up, they missed their two friends even more.

Loud cheers grabbed the gang’s attention only to see an interesting basket ball match going on in the enormous space. People were scattered around the group as the head boy of one team focused to put the ball in the basket. It was quite engrossing to watch as the series of opposite teammates blocked him. Gang moved involuntarily to watch the match. Swayam frowned instantly seeing the head boy. He was the same person who was flirting with Sharon in the morning and his insides turned all jelly. He was having hard time to see all the hooting for him as he skipped his opponents like a breeze. Even his own teammates were cheering up for some unknown player, though not so unknown for Swayam. Especially, girls of the gang giggled and ogled him over more than they watched the match. His teeth churned as he caught Sharon’s unblinking attention on him. For heaven sake! She had broken up with him and he was still behaving like a scathed puppy. Loud screams went high as the head boy scored a goal. Match was won and his team players pulled the head boy onto their shoulders appreciating his play. All the accolades of his winning just took a backseat as he caught Sharon gazing up to him amidst of the people. Sharon blinked as she saw him watching her. He smiled by pulling himself down from the bounce of people and traded towards her. “Zain...” someone called from behind. But he didn’t look back. His gaze was focused straight.
Gang’s until then smiley face started replacing with curious glance as Zain made his way to Sharon. Vicky and Nil exchanged doubtful looks. Neha, Simmi and Rinni gazed at each other with confused looks. Kriya and Surbhi watched Zain’s actions without fluttering a brow. Rey gawked between Zain, Sharon, Swayam; ultimately his eyes landing on Zain. Sharon slightly turned to see Swayam’s reaction and shuddered to the core as she caught him standing stiff.

“Hi” Zain’s eyes were only on Sharon. He didn’t notice all her friends watching him. Or if he watched, he didn’t even care to acknowledge them. She smiled mildly being aware of the prying eyes on them. “I didn’t expect to see you here.” He winked. Sharon failed to respond anything for it. It was something else the time before they met. She thought she could play along a little to gain a reaction from Swayam. But now when Zain openly flirted with her in front of everyone, it unnerved her.
“Ooooo….” Zain’s teammates cooed as they noticed him talking to a girl. Zain blushed. “Zainiiii…” they made some endearing sounds embarrassing Sharon as the whole situation was taking a wrong direction. Rey’s eyes followed Swayam whose face was etched with pain and fury at a time. He could understand that burning feeling. He could literally relate to the emotions that were wrecking Swayam as he himself had gone through that kind of jealousy. If not the people being Taani’s friends seeing whom he had felt jealous, he would have burned the world alive by now. And seeing the similar emotion feeding Swayam just disgruntled him. And he was more than surprised to see Sharon behaving so naïve. She was purposefully giving into it just to hurt Swayam.

“By the way, you look beautiful…” Zain complimented Sharon. Everyone’s head snapped at him and Sharon, slowly turning back to Swayam. “Thank you” Sharon smiled but she was scared to even look at Swayam. Probably he would have been giving her and Zain a death glare. But she didn’t turn her head. She was too angry to notice her atrocities. “Well… just not thanks… I want something else from you” He teased her. Sharon’s fear went top-notch, hoping he didn’t utter any stupid things. She herself couldn’t believe that she wasn’t shooing him away. It wasn’t because she liked him being all over her though she was impressed by the kind of attention she was getting. Instead, she was kind of tongue-tied at the sudden happening. She couldn’t open her mouth and tackle him saying she had a boyfriend. Because she had none as she’s broke up with Swayam.