Chapter 54

St. Louis towered in the daylight. Mob of students covered the campus. Everywhere, fresh faces brightened along with the many old ones. Corridors buzzed in chirps. While D3 gang sat broodily on the steps of the ground hall.

"Yaar. Hum seniors hai… actually is waqt hum humare juniors ka ragging karte…agar ye dance ban humare ser per nahi hota toh…" Nil kept a hand under his chin.

"Ha yaar…" Vicky gloomed, eyes focused on the new students shuffling around.

Rey and Swayam bartered an understanding glance.

"Bas… ab I cannot" Neha stood up abruptly, startling others. "Kya nahi hoga, Kaku?" Vicky held her hand. "Aise…" she pointed at all the sad faces. "Chup sitting toh kaise chalega?"

"Actually…" Kriya raised her voice. "Neha is right… Hum aise sad hoke baitenge toh ye dance ban kaise handle karenge…"

Everyone turned to her. "Hume kuch aisa karna hai… jisase Hume humara dance wapas mil Jaye..." Surbhi added. "Aur ye dance ban humesha ke liye katam ho Jaye…" Sharon's hands docked on her hips, lips pulled to side.

"Abe… aisa Kya karenge?" Bharath played with his hat in frustration. "Ha Ley… bolo…" Amar looked upto Rey. And that made everyone turn towards him. He is the team leader and every decision depended on his word. Till today, they have always listened to him. Even today, they were going to abide by his rules.

Rey was oblivious. But he would find a way to come out of this. He wouldn't let down all those hopeful eyes of his friends. They were watching him as if he could solve this problem in a snap. Which wasn't true. Even Swayam was looking at him and that made him to see through the matter. The issue was very big. Bigger than he expected. Or everyone expected.

"Pehle Hume… kaise bi karke NDC ka applications within dates submit karna hoga…" Rey wasn't smiling. He looked po-faced.

"Per NDC ka forms sirf GS or AGS hi Kar sakte hai, Rey…" Swayam referred.

"Toh hum nahi Kar sakte?" Rinni sounded sad. Everyone ignored her but not Rey.

"Karenge na, Rinni… Hum hi karenge…" A sarcastic smile played on Rey's lips.

"Kaise?" Simmi wondered. "Ha Rey... Hum mein se koi GS/AGS bi nahi…" Sharon put a hand on his shoulder.

"Humne toh dance ban ke against GS/AGS post bi chodadi…" Kriya told.

"Tumhara dimag mein chal Kya Raha hai, Rey?" Surbhi's one hand landed on her hips, eyes narrowed on him.

"See" Rey folded hands. "Humne GS/AGS/CS/ACS positions choda kyun? Hum us position mein rehke kuch bi nahi Kar sakte... We had to forcefully follow college rules. Lekin ab aisa nahi hai… we can do whatever we want…"

"We cannot do whatever we want Rey… Just maybe we can fool around…" Surbhi lent her word. And she was right. Ofcourse the management would scream like pigs in the farm if they get caught doing all the secret missions of bringing dance back.

"You are right. Isiliye hum sab kuch secretly karenge…" Rey told them. "Matlab… last time ki tarah?" Vicky asked excitedly. Rey smiled as whole team split into enthusiastic gorillas except Surbhi and Kriya who looked quiet confused. Seeing their faces, Rey spared to explain them about the karmic deeds they did during dance ban in the past year. During which, Rey couldn't help but remember Taani. He and her had gone into loggerheads fighting for the thing they believed in. The time when so many things had happened between them. When he just thought everything went perfect… Taani bombarded with a shell shock of her being a GS and he was so angry at her that he had insulted her time to time. But at the end of the day, that's the sole thing which had brought him closer to her in a way he never expected. A shy smile crept his face as he remembered the way he cornered her in rehearsal hall when she came roaring on him about troubling her brother. He had bared out himself in front of her. He had cried. Literally cried with a tear drop. It was insane. But she had been the witness. She gave him the solace to lean upon. But the moment they realised the proximity between them, Taani became alert and pushed him. But he had been in his senses when he didn't let her go and pulled back to lounge in her warmth. She didn't push him away instantly. She had let him kiss her, lazing in the moment as much as he was into it. But then, all of a sudden she had withdrawn from him and ran away. Then the rest is history.