Chapter 48

Rithwik and Taani were still giggling in a hug. She couldn't believe that he had brought her this gift. Damn.

"Are… Hume bi koi batayega yaha ho Kya Raha hai?" Swayam spoke mildly surprised at his sister and Rithwik's one on one conversations. And that broke Rithwik and Taani's hug. Rey was thankful that Swayam opened his mouth. Or else it would have been only spared to Rey.

"What the…" Surbhi screamed on the bed, directly sitting on Karan's lap as she caught something small tugging her skirt.

Taani and Rithwik released a knowing a laughter while all others squealed in surprise. There was a small puppy with goodish brown and white fur. It's eyes blinked as it took notice of everyone sitting there. Rey's lips had pulled up already. The same was with Swayam and Sharon as both of them watched the puppy curiously. Kriya, Karan and Wahi were just gobsmacked.

Taani ran certainly scooping the puppy in her hand and cuddled it as she kissed it. Rey kind of really felt jealous at the way she was hugging it on to her chest though it looked freaking cute. "Is this your gift?" Surbhi narrowed her eyes on Rithwik, a hand on her chest. She was afraid of dogs and cats. Oh man… she was really nervous around the animals. "Yes… it is…" Rithwik beamed as he joined Taani's side, patting on puppy's back.

"A puppy? I mean… Taani... Mujhe pata nahi ta ki tumhe dogs itne pasand hai…" Swayam wondered.

"Even I didn't knew…" Rey mused at her.

"Ye koi normal dog nahi hai, Bhai..." Taani glanced at Rithwik recalling the time they met it for the first time while he said the whole story to others. Taani had gone back to the animal shelter house to fetch it three months back, but she was shocked to learn that it was already adopted. She was so angry at the people there for not informing her about it as had requested them to take care of it until she returned back. But the animal shelter head had informed her that someone had come and the puppy really was happy to go with them. Hence, they had to release it to it's new home. She never thought it would be Rithwik. How couldn't she think of this? He was right there with her that day.

"Seriously Taani…" Rey was stupified at Taani's kindness. He liked pets. But he never had one. And knowing Taani really loved the pets and infact she had rescued a stray. It made his heart swell with joy. "that's such a good thing to do, Taani" Sharon complimented. The puppy in Taani's hand jumped onto Rithwik licking his face and throat. He scrunched his face fondling it's back. "Enough, Leo…" He pulled it down ruffling it's fur. "Does it have a name already?" Kriya was astonished. "Ofcourse…" Taani clapped. "Ye meine aur Taani ne raka ta… when we signed paperwork work for him while we gave it to animal shelter house…" Rithwik explained. The puppy jumped onto the bed. Surbhi screamed again, heading backwards to Karan. All of them giggled as the puppy's beady black eyes peered at Rey in scrutinity.

"I think it likes you, Rey…" Kriya chortled. "Really…" He forwarded his palm towards it. It didn't react for a minute but lifted it's paw and slapped on his palm. "Oh my God… it really likes you..." Karan said as he held the fearful Surbhi away from Leo. "Bhai…" Taani turned towards him. Swayam already knew what was about to come from her mouth. "Wo…" she was cut short by him. "I know… I know. you want to bring it with us to Mumbai…" He was confounded. "Per iska Dyan kaun rakega… hum dono bi nahi rahenge… Ghar per…" he was terrified imagining the messed up house once they were back from college if they had a dog. "You don't need to worry, Swayam. Leo is well trained… aur he knows to behave…" Rithwik explained. "Bhai.. Kaka rahenge na Ghar per… humara absence mein Kaka Leo ka kayal rakenge… please Bhai…" she pleaded as Leo bounced on her and tasted her cheek. "Okay… okay… hum isko lekar jaayenge…" Swayam accepted, grindingly. He wasn't sure that he liked having a pet dog in his house. But if Taani insisted, who was he going to defy.