Chapter 74

"Meine kabhi nahi socha ta... Hume phir se ye din dekna padega..." Vicky trashed a rock as Swayam joined them. Whole team excluding Sharon were huddled on a lone road, far away from the auditorium. No one could fathom what just happened. They had been the victims of someone's game play. And none among the gang knew what was they suppose to do.

"Wo bi Sharon ki wajahse..." Nil spit those words like a venom. "I can't beleive Sharon itna reckless kaise ho sakti hai..." Simmi's big eyes became even wider.

"Ye tum bol rahe ho, Simmi?" Neha questioned her in annoyance. "Har waqt Sharon ka har galti mein ha Milati ti tum... Ab kya hogaya?"

Simmi was stunned for few seconds. But she wasn't the one to keep shut when necessary. "Wo... ab tum ye bol rahe ho ki... mujhe Sharon ko sambalna chahiye ta? Aap log sab Sharon ka dost nahi hai kya?"

Others watched the sudden warzone between girls."Ha Simmi... Jab hum sab Sharon ko samjarahe te... Tum bi samjane ki Baja uski galtiyon ka saath de rahi ti..." Neha couldn't keep quiet.

"Guys..." Swayam tried to stop them but in vain.

Vicky and Nil exchanged a glance along with other boys. Rey was just staring at the asphalt road with a forlorn gaze without any heed to the fight. There were lot of thoughts running on his mind. He had intimated Sharon many times to be careful about Zain. But... When had ever Sharon listened to anybody? He could visualise the dreams of his team crushing under a mask, just because of some frenzy psycho.

"Girls... Stop it" Surbhi who was quiet for long time did rouse her voice. Neha and Simmi looked at her, pausing their banter. Even boys concentrated their attention on her. "Jo hua... Wo ho gaya hai... Ab hum yaha raste mein kade hoke ladne se kuch faida nahi hai..." She tried to make them understand. Even she was angry at the turn of events. But now wasn't the time to have clashes between the group. It was time for them to stand united and find a solution to all of this.

"Surbhi is right, Neha, Simmi" Rinni joined. "Hume aise fight nahi karna hai"

"But sach toh ye hai ki... Our team have been banned from SDC..." Vicky hurled. "Not just SDC... Hum Nationals mein bi participate nahi kar sakte hai..." Nil was devastated. Amar and Bharath exchanged a sad glance.

Surbhi looked at Swayam. They were right. Their team was rusticated. Even if they prove their innocence somehow, the chances of getting back their team into NDC was minute. Swayam had the same thoughts of Surbhi.

******

Their was a storm in the air. Even the nature could smell the betrayal in it's wind. Light snow started drizzling. Sharon had ran to one of the isolated place. There were neither people nor any living beings around. The whole ground was covered with trees. Even the long pine trees surrounded her was covered in white snow camouflaging the photosynthesis color.

She curled into a ball as her back rested on a large tree trunk. She hugged herself as the fear of abandonment scurried in her nerves. Tears trickled down hysterically. Her sobs were echoing as a disturbing symphony. She recalled everything happened from the moment she entered Kulu Manali. Her friendship with Zain. Her friends warning her. Swayam's jealous face. Rey's doubtful stare at Zain. Yet she couldn't comprehend what had happened.

Her friends turned their back on her. Rey's accusing stare had killed her half, while Swayam's mistrust on her completely slayed her. The whole team had took the brunt just because of her one mistake. All she could realise is they loathed her for putting them in such a spot. And for once she understood that they were never going to forgive her. Not even Swayam. She had already been the biggest bitch to him by breaking his heart because of her ego and now it was even worse. She had been the reason of her team's failure. VP had trusted her a lot when she was assigned with this responsibility. And she couldn't show her face to him once she's back to Mumbai. She wasn't even sure that she could show her face to any of her friends. Guilt chewed her insides like a poison, slowly drawing into her whole system.