Chapter 42

Gang had reached Jodhpur. Rey and Rithwik had taken the duty of driving excusing Swayam and Karan to rest for the day as they were continuously driving whole night. They had taken the easiest way evading the main road, so that they could avoid the hustle of the scorching town and busy buzz. Which also disappointed them as they couldn't get time for sightseeing.

It was early evening when they reached the destination. The Shekawat mansion was nothing as one expected. The lawn was bigger with green mats on the entire ground. Variety of shrubs, herbs and trees were nurtured in the borders of the compound. A large swimming pool was located in the middle of it. Two staircase on each side was spiralled in the air connecting it to the top floors of main house. The outer look of the mansion looked just absolutely luxurious in its own way. Never gang thought Swayam's family being one of the richest. It was always Rey and Sharon, the most influential parents with among the Group. Now when they saw this, it was just gobsmacking. Neither Swayam nor Taani did show off of the treasure they had behind. Not even Mr. Rishi Shekawat. And that just simplified the simplicity of the Shekawat family.

"Kaka…" Taani beamed as she saw one of the elderly man coming out of the door towards them.

"Taani betiya… kaise hai betiya?" His tooth spread at her presence.

"Mein bahut achi hun, Kaka... Aap kaise ho? Taiji kaha hai? Aur Tauji…" her happiness had no bounds.

Rey smiled at her. She looked so happy and content that he couldn't help but feel the joy in him for her. Swayam was finally back in his home after so many years. He was just happy that he was here. At his place. Withp his family.

"Saara sawal wahi Kade hoke puchogi ya andar bi ayegi?" Rupali yelled from the door. Everyone gazed at her with a hint of smile on their lips. That lady had real balls in handling grown ups. Taani and Swayam exchanged a knowing look.

"Aap sab log chaliye… Sara saaman hum andar lekar aate hai" Kaka aided. Everyone went towards the door.

"Ha… ab yahi Kade rahiye sab log…" Rupali insisted as they were about to pass the door way. Everyone froze looking at each other as she stopped them. Only Taani and Swayam were smiling. Probably, they already knew what was coming.

Rupali brought a fist of salt and circled around them throwing off any evil eyes into the salt particles. "Ye humara Ghar ka purana riti riwaaz hai…" Swayam explained for others. "Ab… ye riti aur riwaz kaun hai?" Bharath looked around. Boys and girls of the gang chuckled at his dumbness.

"wo Kya haina… har koi Jo Bahar se aate hai, unka nazar utarke hi hum andar swagat karte hai…" Rupali clarified the half baked stories of Swayam. Everyone smiled at her concerned gesture. "Ab sab andar aa sakte ho…" she welcomed everyone.

The house was very big. Comparitevly larger than the houses they had ever seen. The hall was enormous with a single stair in the middle. It was split at each side after a certain point of steps, dedicated  to pass into the upper floors. Typically, it wasn't anything like the old bungalows or hawelis one showed in YouTube videos of Jodhpur places. The house had modern touch and it was beautiful. There were plenty of paintings hung on the walls. Several vastu decorative pieces were placed at certain places, which was a great sign. There was a large white leather sofas placed in the middle of the drawing room with a glass table in the center.

"Ghar bahut accha hai, aunty…" Surbhi complimented as she watched the surreal beauty.

"Thank you, Surbhi…" Rupali was proud. After all she took the efforts to decorate the house.

"Tauji kaha hai, Taiji?" Taani looked around. "Ab tum itne dur aake… mujhse baat Tak nahi ki… lekin apne Tauji ke baare mein Puch rahi hai?" Rupali twisted her ear, playfully. "Ouch…" Taani faked a pain. "Apko pata hai na, maa… Usko sirf Papa hi pasand hai…" Swayam goaded his mother. "Bhai… aap aise kaise bol sakte ho… mujhe toh Meri Taiji bi bahut pyaari lagti hai…" she put her hands across Rupali's shoulders hugging her.