Chapter 20

The birthday banquet hall was enormous with a swimming pool located in the front and a yard with patio at the back. The evening golden lights illuminated the site. Inside the hall, a big fountain constructed by crystal wine glasses was built. The entire hall was filled with white and royal blue theme having the same colored balloons. Also, round dining tables which were covered with white clothes and blue ribbons on it, were arranged for the guests. A buffet was arranged in the counter with multiple variety of snacks, food and beverages for the evening. Separate rooms were allocated for the guests who attended the party to rest for the night as the party started late night and travelling back after the party would be tiresome. A disco deck was arranged mainly for the youngsters who would like to party whole night swinging to the music. If any children attended the party, a separate game zone was introduced in the under ground basement as a recreation for kids. White and blue ribbons were draped from the ceiling enhancing the interior beauty of the hall.

Swayam sighed in relief at the perfect beauty of the hall. He always wanted to surprise his dad with little things. But he never got a chance until today. There was a strained relationship between him and his father always. But recently, the equations between them had changed drastically. His father accepted him for who he's. He respected his passion towards dance. And that indeed built a great attentiveness towards his father. He always loved him. And now when they both were on equal page of being comfortable with each other, Swayam had a chance to make his father happy with little things in life.

"Kya mast arrangements hai, Swayam…" Rey was awestruck. "Tumhara papa bahut kush ho jayenge…"

Swayam smiled at him. His father's happiness was all it mattered. It wasn't like he alone did everything. Taani aided him along with his mother who supported him monetarily for this grand arrangement. He had asked her to bring him here without letting him know about it. Also, his mother was the one who had sent invitation to his father's friends, colleagues and business companions.

Guests started entering one by one. "Tumhara mom-dad kaha hai, Rey?" Swayam asked him. "Ate hi honge... Mom ne bola ki… mujhe aake tumhara help karna chahiye. Isiliye mujhe jaldi bej Diya. Warna mein unke saath hi aanewala ta…" Rey replied.

"Waise tumhe sach mein nahi pata ta ki Mera papa aur tumhara dad ek dusre ko jaante te?" Swayam locked a hand on his shoulder.

"Sala, Mujhe kaise pata hoga? Agar pata hota toh mein kab ka bol Chuka hota… waise acha haina… humare dads friends hai… aur hum bi…." Rey looked at Swayam with an unknown joy. Swayam was staring him cautiously. "Tu aise kyun ghur Raha hai?" Rey doubted.

"Tu Taani ko apne parents se milwayega Kya?" Swayam questioned as the thought suddenly hit him. This whole incident connected to other level. Rey halted for a second. "Matlab…" Swayam's awkwardness pushed back at him. If it was anyone else in Taani's place, he would have easily suggested Rey the things he had to do. But it was his freaking sister. And Everytime it just made him over concerned about it. She was too young yet and… meeting Rey's parents would be an expectation of life long commitment if in case they thought to take it to next step. Okay… But he really wished, Rey wouldn't pressurise Taani in anything without her consent. Henceforth, he just suggested him to think about the situation rose between them.

"Tumhe lagta hai ki mujhe Taani ko unse milwana hai?" Rey was skeptical. "Because... Taani is not comfortable with people knowing about us, right now."

Swayam glared at him for blaming only her. "I.. I really understand why Taani wants that, Swayam. Mein usko blame nahi Kar Raha hun… it's just that… mein bi uske permission ke Bina kuch bi nahi karna chahta hun. Aur..  humara future ke liye abi time hai. I need her to concentrate on herself more than being an eyeball about these family circumstances. I just want her to enjoy this phase. Jo aage ka hoga… wo ho jayega…"