Chapter 13

Rey and Taani stood in silence as the tears dried up on their eyes. Their foreheads were in contact. Their hands were intertwined. Thier hearts were quiet calmer. And the moment was unforgettable.

Suddenly, Rey's phone shrieked loudly, pulling Rey and Taani out of their stupor. Both looked at each other. There was so much of intensity between them and Rey hated to leave her hand or move away from her closeness. Taani's eye shot at him and the sound coming from his pocket went silent. He cursed loudly as the phone buzzed once more. She signalled him through her eyes to lift the phone. He then sighed and picked up the call yet not leaving her one hand. He instead pulled her into his chest and attended the call. She blushed harshly at his gesture. Also, her cheeks went pink as she remembered what just happened before minutes! Rey had kissed her. Like really kissed her. A kiss she experienced for the first time. Breathtaking yet euphoric. Her lips tingled as she gazed at him. Was she ready to get back with him, now? The question lingered in her head as he rose his eyebrows at her while he kept the phone to his ear.

"Abe… kaha hai tu, Rey? I need you here, right now…" Taani could hear her brother shouting his lungs out on the flip side. Taani and Rey peered at each other in a understanding at Swayam's worried voice.

"Kya hua, Swayam? Tum itna tensed kyun sound Kar rahe ho?" Rey was sure that he was alright when he met him before an half n hour. But now his tone said otherwise.

"Tum pehle batao… kaha… ho… aur jaha kahi bi ho… immediately neeche aana…" Swayam was losing his patience.

"Are… Swayam… mein nahi aa sakta…." Rey didn't even complete his sentence, Swayam pounced back…"nahi hoga Matlab Kya hai, Rey?"

"Are…. Swayam… mein yaha upar store room mein band hun… kisine Bahar see lock Kar Diya hai… agar tum aake kologe toh…." Rey swore under his breathe as he said it. He wanted to be with Taani for sometime. He haven't got more than 15 minutes with her.

"Lekin tum waha kyun gayi ho?" Now Swayam raked his brain to understand it.

"Mein aur Taani …" Rey started again to be cut by Swayam.

"What?" Swayam howled dangerously. "Taani bi hai waha? Aur tum dono andar hai akele?" His posessive brain travelled farther than anyone could expect. "Mein…. Mein abi aa Raha hun…" he cut the call even without listening back to Rey.

Rey whoofed at the call and turned to Taani. She was lost in thoughts. "Taani…" he mumbled. She looked at him slyly passing him a small smile. How much he had waited for this moment? To have her in his embrace. "Tum kush toh hona? Matlab… mujhse… mere saath rehnese… ya…" Rey was confusing himself now. She doesn't speak. "Taani… mein tumhare saath kuch zabardasti nahi karna chahta hun… agar tumhe aur time chahiye toh teek hai… mein wait Kar sakta hu… aur ye Jo.…" He struggled to find words to describe their first actual kiss. Though she was full into it, he found her not looking happy.

"Rey… mein apse kuch mangu?" She eased away from his hold and captured his hand. "Jo bi todi der pehle hua… mein bi itna hi involved ti jitna aap… aur mein ek minute ke liye bi kuch aur nahi karna chahti ti…. Lekin mujhe apse ek baat bolni hai…" she clarified his doubts of the kiss. She was equally involved and she was happy that it happened. Also she made sure him not to worry about it as she understood his upcoming question. And that's one more reason why the girl was a compatible companion to him. He waited patiently to complete her sentence.

"Kya humare baare mein sirf humare beech mein hi rak sakte?" She asked him. He looked stunned at her request. "Taani… Kya tum abi bi mujh per barosa nahi Kar Rahe ho?" He asked her in hurt. "Rey... Aisa nahi hai… abi Mera dimag mein bahut cheeze chal Raha hai… aur abi ke liye mein apna kaam per focus karna chahti hu…zyada tar… aur aap bi apna dance per focus karna chahiye… waise bi hum ek dusre ko Milne ya kuch karne ko waqt nahi milega, Rey… aur Mein phirse nahi chahti hun ke mein Tum aur tumhara friends ke beech auoo… wo log already mujhse kafa hai… and I don't want to make it hard for you to choose between them and me if at all the circumstances occur…" she said it loud. If she wouldn't confront the truth to him, yet again their relationship will suffer. So, she decided to tell him whatever she felt about. "Taani…." Rey was stupified at her request. But he could understand her dilemma. And he had decided already to prioritize her decision so that he gained her trust inch by inch back as before. He would do everything possible. He would accept it if that made her wholesome. He would accept it… after all he wanted her to focus on herself more than him. So he was okay with her commitment. "Teek hai… Taani… tum jaisa chahoge… waisa hi hoga…" he promised her, pulling her palm into his. And for the first time during the conversation, she saw the spark of the determined Rey to get her back. And her insides flushed in warmness. "Thank you" she whispered.