Chapter 16

Basketball court was abandoned for the day as students were huddled inside the college. It was empty except for the two. Taani and Swayam sat on the court steps.

"Bolo Taani..  tum kuch bolna chahte the?" Swayam wondered. Taani had dragged him to a calmer place. Out of everyone's sight. "Bhai…" Taani was all set to confront his brother. "Mein apne baare mein kuch Sochi hun… Aur wahi mujhe apko batana ta" Swayam waited patiently, letting her to talk. He was kindly surprised. She wanted to talk about herself with him and that made him quiet happy. "I have got an offer letter to work at FLUKE industry." She revealed. Swayam was taken aback. Not because he didn't like it. But he was actually not able to understand what was it all about. "It's a no.1 fashion designing industry at Mumbai. I have been selected as a junior designer. It's a part time work and I have agreed to work with the company... Aur… mujhe… aaj se hi kaam par jaana hai…"

Swayam sat in silence. It took few moments to understand the weightage of her words. He was really elated with the news but… "Bhai... Aap kuch bol nahi rahe ho…" Taani's face fell at her brother's reaction. She expected him to jump in happiness at her confrontation. But, maybe she expected too much. "Taani…" Swayam cracked a big smile pulling her into a hug. "I can't believe… ki Jo bi tum keh rahe ho… I mean…" he broke the hug, holding her shoulders. "Sach mein you want to work? In a fashion industry?" He was astonished. He never knew Taani's interest in fashion world. But he was unexpectedly glad. But, She had a college to attend everyday. And, she wanted to work too. "I just mean .  Ki… I'm so happy for you that you want to do this for yourself… But what about college? Studies? How will you manage it?"

"Wo Sab ho jayega… Bhai... Toda mehnat karna hai… but I think.. I can manage it…" She was optimistic. "I still can't believe… But tumhe kaam Karne ki Kya zarurat hai abi? College hone ke baad tum Kar sakte ho na?" Swayam was just worried that she would put herself in extra stress. He understood her determination to do this. He was very well aware of her thoughts stemming to prove herself to everyone. At the same time, he was even aware of the troubles laid across her path. "Aap sahi bol rahe ho Bhai... Lekin… sirf kaam karna Meri maksat nahi hai…" She had much more to convey him. "I'm planning to open my own boutique, Bhai... I have started everything required to it already… aur ye kaam sirf tode din ka mehman hai… just to understand the insights in the industry... Baad mein job chod dungi… and I'll concentrate on my very own brand.…" She explained him. Swayam sat looking at her in daze. Was she the same sister who didn't even knew to catch her way to college? He was gobsmacked at her overview towards future. His amazement ascended as she revealed him all the details regarding her plan. "Taani… ye sach mein tu hi hai Kya?" He poked her nose. "Bhai…aap Pagal ho Gaye ho Kya... Mein apko itni serious baat bol rahi hun…" she smiled. She was kind of pleased to see the fascination on his face when she opened up to him about everything. "Taani…" Swayam was at loss of words. "Tu itna sab kuch karliya… aur mujhe iska kabar Tak nahi Mila..." His face scrunched in marvel. "But ..  I'm so so happy for you… mein soch bi nahi paa Raha hun…ki tum ye sab akele kaise handle Kiya hai… I'm proud of you" he hugged her. This time with a force to be reckoned. He was abashedly joyous at his sister's achievement. When he and his friends were still struggling to make a place in a dance field… this girl was already implementing her all intelligence in her interested field. Moreover, he was cheerful to the extent of knowing her sister had a dreams to fulfill like any others. And, her determination to do it on her own just made him discern how wrong he was to give a green signal to Rey for his fake plan. He was ashamed of himself, realising someone who wasn't her own brother(Karan) aided her when he failed to acknowledge her talent. He pulled away from the hug "I'm sorry Taani…"

"Ab aap kyun sorry bol rahe ho, Bhai?" Taani was evidently getting shockers from the people she least expected. "Kyunki... Mein ek Bhai hoke… I never talked about these things with you. Jab Rey ka Sach mujhe pata Chala... I shouldn't have supported him. I should have spoke to you… mujhe tumse baat karna chahiye ta… I'm so sorry, Taani… that I haven't been there for you… not just with Rey's issue… but for every other thing too… wo shayad website ka comments ka ho… ya Mera friends ka muh band karwana ho..  ya abi Jo tum batane se pehle apni behen ka life Mein Kya chal Raha hai… wo na Jan ne ke liye ho… I'm sorry" His apology was heartfelt.