Chapter 14

Sharon peered in between Swayam and Rey. She was hurt and in pain yet shocking faces of Rey and Swayam made her doubt. "Kya hua?" Her slow whispers went noticed by both Rey and Swayam. But they weren't in a position to tell her what was happening. "Kuch toh bolo aap log?" She walked to Rey when Swayam failed to utter a word.

"Kuch nahi… Sharon… kuch bi nahi…" Rey acted well trying to hide his mobile. But Sharon caught his hand, pulling the cellphone from him. Swayam stood up in haste. "Sharon … kuch nahi hai… give my phone back…" Rey enacted to be rude. But that wasn't going to work. Sharon had an inkling of it and she just wanted a confirmation. She switched on the phone walking far away from both. There were plenty of messages and notifications scrolling in. Without waiting, she opened the notification of college website as it was already logged in through Rey's password. And it was there…. The very thing she feared. The very thing she expected.

College website was filled with snapshots of her falling on the floor. The captions under those photos made her to curl back. It was brutal. It was terrifying. And it was…. Never she experienced. Fresh tears brimmed as she gone through all those comments one by one.

Everyone feared her in real life. But under this technical mask, people reviewed their true feelings towards her. And her bitterness. For the first time Sharon realised mostly none in the college respected her. They just feared her. And that fear had taken the ugly root when the queen itself has been demolished by the new warrior. It was that realisation moved Sharon into frenzy. Until then she never understood how horrible the online bullying could be… She felt real sick. Her confidence in herself wavered. Was she ever going to be back to normal?

"Sharon…" Swayam put his hand on her shoulder. And, her tears oozed as if it waited for that moment. She turned to him and hugged l. Rey signalled Swayam that he'll be outside. He was very well aware of him being the third wheel. So he exited the room hoping the events occured in the party didn't affect Sharon as a person. He knew Sharon was wrong and the face off was undeniable. But she was his friend and his heart went out to her when he saw her crying like a small kid in Swayam's embrace.

******

"What the hell?" Wahi's mouth wide opened as he peered into the screen of Taani's laptop. "Oh my Gosh!" Kriya exclaimed. "Seriously?" Rithwik looked at Taani for confirmation. Her expressions confirmed it. All of the four sat in conference Hall away from the party.

"Taani… how can the students be so ruthless here?" Wahi was shocked beyond. "Doesn't the college authority take any action about it?" Rithwik was appalled.

"They does… Haina Taani?" Kriya was hopeful and looked at her. She nodded. But she had more to confess. "But it will be too late… Agar hum authorities ka wait karenge toh, these posts will go viral… and agar Sharon dekegi toh… I don't even want to imagine… isiliye mein tumse help manga Wahi… I just want you to hack the website and crash it until the things settle down… then we can find a sooner solution..." Taani requested.

"But, that's against college rules, Taani….." Kriya interfered. Other three looked at her. She had a point. "Can't we login through admin website and delete all the posts?" Rithwik was just curious.

"We can… but it doesn't solve our problem."  Wahi began switching onto some website.

"He means… agar hum saara posts delete karenge bi toh... Students will be posting new one and the mocking comments will be flowing..." Taani explained.

Wahi was a technical buff. And he had an upper hand in everything related to technical issues. This was the piece of information he had shared with Taani during their brief interaction in dramatics class together. Today, she was thankful to have him. He was going to be the saviour. "So…  we will crash the website… for now… Kal... Mein VP se baat karti hun…" Taani said.