Chapter 52

"You need to chin up and tell her that you like her…" Taani chastised Wahi for the 100th time. She had stayed back only on the purpose of aiding Wahi and Hina to confess their feelings to each other. But both of them were adamant as ducks to even quake. "Abhi Harshad sir aur mein industrial visit per jaa rahe hai. Hina yaha apna kaam karte akeli rahegi… I really hope tum ye mauka nahi gavao…" She folded her hands. "I'm just…" Wahi pouted. "Scared. Agar wo Mana kardiya toh?" He asked with a sad face. "Pehle Tum batakar toh dek, Wahi… Mana karegi ya ha bolegi wo toh atleast pata chalega na…" Taani shook her head at his stubbornness. "Chal ab... Mein nikalta hun… Mera aane Tak... Pata haina tujhe Kya karna hai?" She warned before Wondering off. Wahi grinned at her back. He got so used to her scolding that he didn't mind at all. Infact, he liked it even better whenever she chided him. But… there were things on a line for him to finish it off.

******

D3 gang arrived at the college for the meeting held by VP as scheduled. The college was empty as usual except for them. Kriya guided them to a meeting room where VP was already waiting for them.

"Good morning, everyone… Hope you all had a fabulous vacation" VP tooth grinned. "Yes…sir…" All of them replied enthusiastically. "Agar aap bulaya nahi hota toh… aur bi maze karte hum.." Bharath murmered which went heard by VP. But he didn't react. There was much to discuss and he had several things to converse.

"First of all, sorry for the impromptu plan of a meeting during your holidays. Per mein bi Kya Kar sakta hun… the higher authorities had summoned me to clear few things. So… I'm here… N aap logon ko bi aana pada" VP cleared the air.

"Apne NDC ke baare mein baat karne ke liye bulaya ta na sir" Sharon intervened.

"Indeed, Sharon." VP sighed, leaning back to his chair. "NDC dates will be confirmed soon. By the end of March, maybe. But... There's a problem."

"Problem?" Swayam and Rey looked at each other as all others did copy their reactions.

"Haa… Problem. I hope aap sab logone apna apna results check Kiya hai..." VP eyed each one. While several hid under others, Rey, Swayam, Kriya and Sharon sat straight facing him.

"Results toh deka sir, humne" Kriya responded.

"Good. Kyunki... Jitna bi St. Louis college dance ke liye famous ho, education comes first. And to our utter disappointment, not a single person from the dance gang have passed out the year with a distinction. Distinction chodo… few of you guys have failed… like failed nearly in 3 to 4 subjects…" VP's voice spread the complete disappointment. Vicky, Nil, Bharath and Amar cringed at the accusation. Ofcourse, they had failed, while others lowered their eyes.

"Aap kehna Kya chahte ho sir?" Surbhi asked unable to control her surprise. She was sure that this meeting wasn't just about dance.

"Seeing your results, management has decided to ban the dance in our college, currently." VP announced.

"What?" Everyone were out of their seats. "Aisa kaise ho sakta hai?" Vicky snarled. "You must be kidding, sir" Simmi chuckled.

"As much as I would like to believe it as a prank… This is the truth. Meine unhe manane ke liye bahut koshish toh ki… but they are not willing to change the decision. "Per sir… they can't do this…" Kriya disagreed. "Aur pehle bi ek baar aise hi hua ta..  but we made the authorities to understand… ab phirse kyun?" Swayam reasoned.

"Phirse kyun Matlab Kya hai, Swayam? Abi toh bataya meine. Tum log har waqt dance dance Karne ki chakkar mein, you guys have neglected your studies which is really a disappointment. Tum teeno ko apna marks yaad toh haina…ya phirse yaad dilau… your rankings have been decreased."