Chapter 22

Surbhi blushed as she ran away from Karan. But she stumbled back as Sharon blocked her path. Karan stilled as he caught off guard at Sharon's presence.

"Hey…" Sharon commenced a conversation. Surbhi stared her, bemused. Karan's eyes popped out at the idea of Sharon speaking to Surbhi in a normal tone. "I just wanted to have a word with you" Sharon requested, unaware of Karan's presence.
Surbhi stood perplexed. But nodded her to continue. "Look Surbhi… mere intention apki taraf kabhi galat nahi ta… but yes, I have been rude to you... Aur bahut taunt bi Mara hai meine…" Sharon looked her in the eye. Surbhi waited patiently. "I just want to say…." Sharon paused briefly. "I'm really very sorry for everything I did…"

Surbhi's eyes rolled out at her confession. That's the last thing she expected tonight. "Meine tumse bahut galat tarikese baat ki ti.. which I shouldn't have done it. Lekin, I really don't have any personal enmity with you, Surbhi. I was just stressed about my friends and our dance group…" Sharon reasoned. "I know… that doesn't make whatever I said right… but, mere paas abi sorry ke alawa kuch bolne ko nahi hai… please.. ho sake toh maaf kardo…"

Surbhi was on her feet, puzzled. She wasn't expecting the night to turn bizarre, if the word was any apt.

Sharon worried looking at the stoic face of Surbhi. She had understood her mistake and wanted to make things normal between them as she was the one who had gone personal, first. "It's okay.. if you don't want to forgive… I understand…" Sharon turned back to leave, when surbhi didn't respond. "Sorry ke alawa aur bi bahut hai tumhare paas bolne ke liye, Sharon" Surbhi's words stopped Sharon from moving. She tilted back unable to decipher her statement. Then Surbhi laughed.

"Jaisaki… you can ask me to be your friend…" Surbhi cackled. Relief flooded over Sharon. For a second, she assumed Surbhi taunted her. "I'm sorry too…" Surbhi wasn't a stone hearted person. She easily forgave people unless they repeated the same. She would burry them alive if one did. "For all that website drama… I never knew students yaha itne defame karte hai… but however, I was the reason for it… so yeah, I'm sorry too… if you accept my apology… then I'm gonna accept yours too" She warned sweetly. Sharon thoughts wavered for a bisecond at Taani. Taani was the one who saved her from the utmost humiliation. She was thankful for her.

"Kya soch rahe ho, Sharon?" Surbhi finger snapped at Sharon. She came out of the little trance, focusing on Surbhi. Sharon came forward and hugged her "Your sorry is accepted." Surbhi grinned and hugged her back "then, we are equal"

"I'm sorry to disturb you girls… lekin mein kab se yahi pe kada hun… koi mujhe bi Toda attention dedo…" Karan disturbed them, purposefully. It was for the first time Sharon observed an audien of her apology session, but she didn't mind "Oops…" . "Tumhe attention chahiye?" Surbhi teased him with extra joy surrounding her. Karan challenged her to tease him any further.

"Guys… aap dono aapas mein ladna band Karo... All are having fun up above there…" Sharon pointed at the balcony. Surbhi and Karan exchanged a glance before looking away. Because they were the people exactly who destroyed their moment. "come on… let's go." Sharon pulled Surbhi along with her and called out to Karan. Surbhi looked back to see Karan smirking at her as he followed them.

******

"Guys… aajao saare…" Swayam yelled amidst of blaring music, as Sharon, Karan and Surbhi joined them. None had observed as everyone busy in cheering Neha, Rinni, Amar and Hina of their impromptu dance.

Rey had removed the table and chairs as it wasn't comfortable for all the people to sedate and perform the tasks. He had replaced it with L shaped floor sofas closely forming a structure of O. It left space in the centre to spin the bottle. After a minute tackling by Swayam, everyone joined the matress occupying their places. Swayam, Sharon and Rey sat on the north. Rinni, Amar and Neha on the east, Karan, Surbhi, Kriya on the west and Rithwik, Hina, Wahi at the south. Taani who went back to quick change her big gown ended up being the one with no place.