Chapter 56

Taani precluded her eyes at Rey who was staring at her with the same curiosity as others did. Her brother's question acquired her unprepared. What was she doing at Rey's house in the night? Then, she remembered.

"Wo... Mein…" She stammered.

"Lagta hai… Taani, Rey se Milne ayi ti…" Vicky giggled, drawing a glare from Swayam.

"Actually" Taani bit her lip from stammering. She pulled an envelope from her bag. "Aunty ne mujhe ye apko dene ke liye diya ta… Mein college mein Dena bhul gayi ti toh... Socha…apko Abi aake dedu…" She focused on Rey instead of her brother or others. She felt uncomfortable at the awkward stares they were passing her. Rey's lips puckered at her excuse ad she placed the envelope in his hand. He was kindly astonished that his mother had sent it.

"Wo toh tum Kal bi de sakti ti na, Taani…" Swayam's voice came out in harsh whispers. Rey moved his pupils at Taani and then at Swayam. Probably, Swayam would always stick his foot in between him and Taani. Atleast he was sure of it.

"Are… Kya hai Swayam… Shayad kuch important hoga…" Sharon inclined her head as if conveying him to understand his sister rather than embarrassing her.

"Oh..  Mera Matlab ta…" Swayam corrected immediately. "Raat bahut ho Gaya na…"

Taani passed a smile yet bewildered at the whole gang in Rey's house. She understood that they were having a deep discussion about something important. Most probably, dance ban. "Teek hai…" Taani eyed everyone, her eyes lingering a second longer on Surbhi and Kriya. "Mein chalti hun…"

"Ruko, Taani" Rey and Swayam said simultaneously. Taani looked in between them as both Rey and Swayam exchanged an unhandy glance. Boys and girls chuckled at the similarity.

"Raat bahut ho Gaya hai, Taani… Mein bi aata hun… Saath mein chalte hai" Swayam said, not giving a chance for Rey to speak.

She looked at Rey as his face fell in disappointment. But she couldn't actually deny her brother. "It's okay Bhai... Apko shayad kaam hoga… Actually mein Rithwik aur Wahi ke saath ayi ti… Sirf envelope dena ta… toh wo log Bahar car mein wait Kar rahe hai... Mein chali jaungi unke saath… aap apna kaam katam karke aana…" She clarified.

Rey felt relieved. As well as Swayam. Though the circumstances between Taani, Wahi, Rithwik and gang was different than usual, Rey was pleasantly happy that she had friends to stand by her side unlike the old times where she faced him alone.

"Are you sure tum chali jaoge… I mean.. mein aa sakta hun, Taani" Swayam enquired again. He didn't like to send her alone even though he's aware of Wahi and Rithwik being her best friends. "I'll be fine, Bhai..." She smiled at his concern. "Bye…" she waved not just for them but everyone. Rey trotted along with her side by side, to send her off.

As both of them entered outside, Taani looked at Rey. He was already staring at her. There was a pin drop silence for a minute before Taani opened her mouth. "Toh mein jao?" Sh asked him. He nodded his head yet watching her with the same intense look. She turned back and took a step forward.

"Taani" he called out. She spun around, only to stumble back as he stood behind her. He held her waist, straightening her up. "Tum na…" He smirked, leaving her to stand on herself. There was this severe tension between them that his hands always itched to touch her. He could hardly resist those feelings when people were around. But while alone, Chuck everything. He wanted her. Besides, there was new budding animosity between them mainly because of the sides they have chose to support in dance ban. But that didn't pass his responsibility as a boyfriend or the love he shared for her in a relationship. However, the next coming days were going to be super hard on them and Rey just wanted some alone time with her to talk out things. In college, he spoke to her about it. But he and she both were stubborn enough to not listen to each other.