Chapter 50

Taani peeped into Rey's room. There was bunch of clothes spread on the bed and a suitcase was open. Rey stood near the cupboard emptying it. He was packing his bag to leave for Mumbai. Her heart raced as she dared to step in. He was angry at her. She cooled herself before she faced him. He turned with a pile of clothes in his hand and froze as Taani stood beaming at him. She wore a full length white frock and her face just gleamed like sunshine. His eyes were locked on her the moment she met his stare. Suddenly all her accusations banged back in his head making bile rise.

"Tum yaha?" He broke the eye contact.
"Ha… Kyun? Mujhe yaha nahi aa na ta?" She asked him.
"Ye tumhara Ghar hai, Taani. Jaha chahiye waha tum aa sakte ho…"  He trotted to his bed.

Taani pulled a poker face. He was really not making it easy for her. He sat on his bed, folding the messed up clothes.

"Rey, ye mein karungi… mujhe dijiye…" she tried to pull the cloth in his hand. But he didn't let her to take it away.

"No thanks. Mein apna kaam kud Kar sakta hun..." He pulled it back.

"Pata hai…phir bi mein help Kar sakti hun…" By saying so, she picked up the sprawled clothes and started folding it. He didn't object her. Rather he was not interested to even argue. Taani glanced at him meanwhile, he was just focused on his work and he wasn't even giving the attention to her.

"Apne mujhe apke saath Mumbai aane ko bulaya nahi?" She asked hoping he would atleast talk.

"Bulaake Kya faida, Taani? Jab tum already decide Kar chuke ho…" He shrugged.

And she suddenly stopped folding the clothes and watched him. He was glaring at her. There was a edge to his voice. She actually didn't expect him to be furious at her for staying back.

"Per aapne pucha tak nahi, Rey… Agar shayad… aap mujhe bulate…" She probably would have gone.

"Toh Kya?" He stood up faltering her steps. She was about to fall back but he held her back in his arms. Their was no softness in his eyes. Instead, replaced by the hurt she had caused him. After few seconds, he made her stand straight. "Tum jante ho… Mein Kya chahta hun… lekin phir bi tum wahi karti ho Jo tumhe karna hai… toh mein kyun rokunga? Aajkal tum Bina soche bahut kuch boldete ho, Taani." His eyes were red. And her core tugged at his sight.

"I'm sorry, Rey…" Words spilled easily. He smiled sarcastically. "Sorry..." He whispered sardonically, tempted to wander off. "Mein sach mein jaanbujkar aisa nahi bola ta, Rey. Mujhe apko hurt karne ka bilkul intention nahi ta…" She apologized. "Toh Kya ta?" he held her shoulders. She looked into his eyes. "Tum jaante ho Sharon mere liye kitni matter karti hai… aur Tum ye bi jaante ho ki tum mere liye kitna important ho… ek baar meine tumhe na chunke bahut galat kardiya ta, Taani. Aur mujhe pata hai Mera galati. Aur mein kabhi wo daurana nahi chahta hun… Isiliye sabse pehle tumhara paas Aya ta… tumhara problem sunane ke liye… tumhara aur Sharon ke beech jo bi galat fehlmi ta… mein bas sudaarna chahta ta… taki tum dono ek dusre ke saath, teek se rahe… yaha mein Sharon ka side nahi le Raha ta…" He sighed, leaving her shoulder. "Aur tum…" He supressed talking and turned away from her. Taani's face fell at his confession. She knew she was wrong already. But when he confronted the truth, it just made her more guilty.

"Rey..." She faced him and held his hands. His eyes grazed her. "I'm really sorry. Mein apko samj nahi payi. Apki baaton ka galat Matlab nikal Diya ta meine." She willed him to understand her. "Mein jaante hue bi aapse aise baat karke galati kardi… Mujhe aisa nahi karna chahiye ta… please… mujhe maaf kardo…" she tilted her head. "Please, Rey… Mujhe acha nahi lagta jab aap mujhse naaraz rehte ho… mujhe apse Bina baat karke rehna nahi aata hai, Rey… mujhse nahi hota hai aise…" She pleaded. He had become a part of herself. There was no way she could keep herself apart from him. She had done a mistake and she would owe it. Also, there was a concern in his enquiry while she thought something else since she was having a bad temper.